+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, time for me to introduce myself...

Default Hello, time for me to introduce myself...

Hi. I'm Sonny Edmonds. I didn't know where to put this, so I stuck it here.
    I'm returning to fly fishing, and finally getting serious about fly tying in particular.
    I have a passel of Grand Kids I want to share the joy of fishing with. Some of them are accomplished bait and lure fishers already.
    I thought I might share some of my tying to date with you and ask your opinions of these.
    Hooks Tiny hooks
    Flys Tiny Flies
    And First winged creature. Kinda disproportionate, I think. But heck, my first ever attempt.
    And yeah, I tye on a Nor-Vise. That got me kicked off of one forum already.
    Sorry if that offends anybody.
    Like I said, returning to fly fishing, chasing childhood memories of when Dad taught me to fly fish 45 years ago.
    Anyway, here I am. Trying to learn to tye, and fishing with my results.
    Nice to meet you!
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Smile

Sonny -

Seems a bit odd to be welcoming you at this point, having enjoyed many of your posts recently. Be that as it may, WELCOME.

John
    The fish are always right.

Cool

Welcome aboard! Nice to have another CA residence on aboard. You will find several of us Nor-Vice users here on the bb.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thank You.
    Yeah, I'm kinda steeped on being traditional and felt I should share some about me, by way of formally introducing myself.
    If I seem to step on any toes, it is not my intention. But I have a kind of rye sense of humor sometimes.
    Thanks for welcoming me to your forum.
    Sonny Edmonds

Nor vise or not... welcome aboard, I really don't get the whole nor-vise hype and I eve tried one for about a month... I tended to lock down the rotary and tie with no rotary funtion at all, just me though the guy who let me borrow it to try out is in LOVE wiht it and will swear off everything else. We promise not to hold it against you... to much. If they kicked you off for using a nor-vise they would most likely kick me off for fishing for gar and carp and all manner of nonkosher species.

You know I noticed for "returning" to tying you seem to not have missed a beat!!! Nice looking bunch of dries there.

Steve

Thank You, Steve.
    The real "Proof in the Pudding" comes in mid-July when we return to the High Sierra for a reunion with my Sisters in the creeks and lakes we fished as kids.
    If my flies don't catch anything, I know I'll catch up on a lot of memories.
    And frankly, I use the rotational part mostly for the hackle and peacock herl. Oh, and the dubbing. Darn sure works good for me for that.
    And I can take some ribbing. I know it is just making up for your lack of understanding.
    Just kidding. Thanks!
    Sonny Edmonds

Welcome aboard, Sonny. Lots of Nor-Vise users here, including my wife. Nice looking bunch of flies you have there.

Oh yeah, new guys bring the donuts, make the coffee and split the firewood. Just sayin....
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Hi Sonny,

Let me welcome you from Western Maryland. I too have enjoyed your posts. Glad to have you on board. I have 5 grandchildren. They are all my fishin buddies. glad to see you are into fly tying. Looking forward to more pics of your flies as they become available.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Welcome aboard, Sonny. Lots of Nor-Vise users here, including my wife. Nice looking bunch of flies you have there.

Oh yeah, new guys bring the donuts, make the coffee and split the firewood. Just sayin....
    Thanks, Ron.
    And I'd be glad to bring the donuts, make the coffee, and split the firewood. My hands still fit a shovel as well, if we need to build or repair fishin trails. Uhh, just sayin....
    Thanks again.
    Sonny Edmonds

Shovel, and waders, may come in handy here for things other than dirt!! Sometimes it get pretty "deep" in here. Just sayin'!

Have enjoyed your posts also. 'Bout time you introduced yourself! Good to have you here!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread