+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to find a lost cellphone while trout fishing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
    The reason is because I tend to keep it on "vibrate" as I can never hear it ring outdoors or with any significant background noise....like a babbling brook.

It's great for instant notification but just doesn't do much for finding it laying around....

I have found that most of the ring tones that come with the cell phones are at at pitch that I have trouble hearing, I went and downloaded a custom ring tone at the providers site that I can hear, I helped a lot. I downloaded the cartoon "The Jetsons" theme song. I was going to download the Oregon Ducks fight song but my cheap phone doesn't have the capacity for that file. look through the ring tones there is probably something that you will be able to hear better.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by doftya View Post
    I lived in eastern europe for 6 years, and sometimes I miss that. I had trouble finding a place where there was no reception, in fact the average was 4 of 5 bars. If it dipped to two bars, you were way out there, and I think there were only 5 places in the country that had no reception, and I only found one of them. Dang.
    But what you don't understand is THIS IS A GOOD THING ABOUT THE NEW WORLD. There are places to get away from the damphone. (When I was a kid, I thought the name of the device was the damphone. Dad was always yelling for someone to get the damphone, or asking where the damphone was.)

Plus, in most European countries, don't you just need one cell tower on the highest mountain/hill to cover the whole postage stamp of a place? ;-?

maodiver
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

My first and only cell phone cost me $350.00 4 days later I dove into the pool with it in the pocket of my bathing suit. I dried it out and it still worked but it never would dial an 8 after that. My buddie said I should just drop all of those friends that had an 8 in their number.

When my contract ran out I tossed it in the can and never got another.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Interesting replies folks. Miss my old ringtone from the first one I bought. It was the sound of a dog barking and when volume was turned up you could hear it for a pretty good distance. Especially funny in a crowed store or mall to watch everyone start looking around to locate the dog! Lost the "doggie" ring after replacing the phone. Reckon it wasn't too popular.

Did also replace the "home" phone, from the local company connection, while retaining the old home phone number. Bills are going to be lots cheaper in the future from about $47.00 a month with no long distance capability to about $14.00 a month to everywhere.

Now, if I could just get a gurgling trout stream ringtone.... except I'd never find that one lost beside the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread