Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone fishing...;)

Default Great post !

I sure did Grubb, thank you very much.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Smile

Tim -

Good to get a fix - I haven't been out for over a week. Sure is pretty country and great water you got to work with.

Might get to out on Rock Creek this afternoon. Wish me luck. May be some salmonflies around ??

John
    The fish are always right.

Grubbster,

I woulda left him up there, no two ways about it. No matches either!

When I saw the first pics I thought it was a very, very small stream, the I saw your little buddy in that pool and the size of the rocks. Very nice little stream. Love fishing them when they're that size.

Looks like your little buddy throws a nice loop too. You teach him?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Grubb, Thanks for taking me along. That's sure some pretty water and landscape you were at. Great report. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thumbs up

REE yep I did, thats more of it, I think he cast better than me too...lol He really wanted to learn so he was very focused on everything I said, he was an easy student. I had got a little worn down so I sat on the bank a bit resting and was watching him cast and thought to myself, I wonder if he knows how nice his casting looks, so I took a couple of pics "b-4" I said anything to him, cause then I figured he would think about it and then I might not get the pics. sure enough as soon as I said "Hey Brian your casting is really right on time, it looks very good" It wasn't as pretty for a bit...lol But he soon got back into the rhythm of it...

Glad you all are enjoying the pics, it had rained and the sun was breaking threw, so it added a nice natural effect...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Thumbs up

Tim,
    Great pics & I'm elated to read that he got an outfit at Mossy Creek Outfitters. Those guys are fantastic & deserve the support! If you recall, the first year I went, they did a special order for me, had it in 2 days, & wouldn't let me pay for it in advance. That's great service for an out of Stater they never met!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Grubb,

Great report and beautiful pics. Awesome looking water you have in VA. Thanks for the report.

Beaver

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    Nice loop!

Thumbs up One week later...

Its 5:36am Sunday fathers day and I'm taking myself fishing...

I'm going here...

No camera being taken today,
    You folks have a great Fathers Day...

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Talking

Back early... lol Water was very high and way off color from all the down pours from yesterday and last night, we really need to get alot of rain for the mountain streams not to have run off back to clear water within a few hrs after rain... I got skunked, well ok, I did catch 4 or 5 minnows... It still was nice, "and" I still have my waders and boots on, maybe some water I pass over sometime today will have cleared up enough for me to try again...

+ Reply to Thread