+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 ft Nymphing rod

Global Dorber, a site sponsor, has a really nice 10 foot 4 wgt blank, also a completed rod on that blank. Just put one on order. Snowbee also has a nice 10 foot 4 wgt (their Diamnod rod line).

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Default JC

LOL! That post does sound kind of screwy, JC. You see, I may only fish for Steelies 2 or 3 times a year. I nymph for trout about 50 days a year. So, I figure, I can handle a light 10 weight. Does that make any sense?

Global Dorber is where I purchased my 10' 3wt blank. uh...JC....I don't fish for Steelhead. There aren't any around here. Just us knuckleheads.

Gem

greys,just starting out in the US carries a few 10 footers one in a four weight one in a three weight in their ''streamflex'' series I believe.Guideline,sort of new to the US carries a few in the ''le cie'' series light weight 10 footers,if you are czech nymphing the ''le cie'' is less strenuous on the arm,more strenuous on the bank balance.

I am aware that 2 people who participate in trout nymphing competions both use 4WT 10FT rods.

I personally use 10FT 5 or 6 WT rods for trout nymphing--nothing competitive other than against the trout.

Hi All;

when selecting a long rod what type of action do you prefer?

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb

For me, it's a fast action all of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Global Dorber, a site sponsor, has a really nice 10 foot 4 wgt blank, also a completed rod on that blank. Just put one on order. Snowbee also has a nice 10 foot 4 wgt (their Diamnod rod line).

REE
    Global dorbeR also carries a 10' 1 wt which is pretty unique.
    "People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" -
    John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo

http://www.tenkaraflyfish.blogspot.com/

Default 10' rods

I've fished the Dorber 10' 1wt. Not my choice of fishing tools. I feel that it's a bit impractical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tri-co-dependent View Post
    greys,just starting out in the US carries a few 10 footers one in a four weight one in a three weight in their ''streamflex'' series I believe.Guideline,sort of new to the US carries a few in the ''le cie'' series light weight 10 footers,if you are czech nymphing the ''le cie'' is less strenuous on the arm,more strenuous on the bank balance.
    I'd have to second the Guideline Le Cie 10 ft. as a great choice for a czech nymphing rod....the 3 wt got a great writeup on the Canadian forum Hipwader...I have a 5 wt. that I just love....perfect for short line or czech nymphing....and Guideline makes a great product at a great price....Sweden will eventually be famous for more than just Volvos
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

+ Reply to Thread