+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad day for flyrods

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Well, just a couple of thoughts. Take an old goat like me, buying a fly rod with a 'lifetime' warranty is a bit silly; I am just paying for all the returned rods by the young guys who will bust them by accident or bust them on purpose just to get a nice new rod when they get dirty. Still got to wish they were like in the past. You bought it; you own it. You bust it, you fix it. You DID get what you paid for.
    I just wish my friend hadn't noticed that his grip was dirty while we were getting ready, then he would have busted it after we had fished, not before.
    I would not have had to share my rod with him then.

This is simple. When you buy a rod with an unconditional warranty your basically paying a premium price in the purchase price that's an insurance policy against anything that can, may or will go wrong. The rod would most likely cost much less without the warranty. So if anything happens by all means get it fixed/replaced.

Default Responsibilty

In this economy mnufacturers better show up when service is required. Brand loyalty fails in a down economy. Competition for Sage/Reddington are well established.

I had a tip sat on by a buddy, and another twas stepped on by my dad...
    Sage welcomed me both times when I arrived unannounced.

Default Service and responsibility..

That's a sure way to earn repeat business in my book Colorado and hey, welcome to the board friend !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Default Rod Service

Glenn,

I did the same thing with mine and my son's, both Sage, a 4 wt. and 5 wt. It did indeed bring tears to the eyes. I was so impressed with Sage with the way they treated me.

Had my rod back w/in two weeks and back in the water. It should be a smooth process.

Jeff B

Default my sad story....x2

I broke my Winston BXII 6wt with an ill timed cast of a heavy bead head nymph had broke the tip section in half. Unfortunately, it happened 1 week before my long planned trip to southwestern montana. I called Winston and told them that I was going to be staying in the area and they told me to save my money and bring it to the factory and they'll start on it right away. They also told me that there was no way that they could fix in time for my guided trips that were planned, so would it be ok if they gave me a loaner 6wt BIIMX for the duration of the trip? I said well, if thats the best you can do.....and happily took the loaner on several days of epic SW Montana fishing. I have broken one of thier Ibis rods, and instead of fixing it, they replaced the 5 yr old rod with a new Accent. Long story short, I'm sold on Winston Rods and their great customer service.

To put my 2 pennies on it. I had a Wayfarer 5 pc which lost the lower half of the reel seat. $30 bucks and a week and a half later and Redington made good on their promise...with a 6 piece Wayfarer! ALL of my "premium" rods are Redington, with the exception of my beloved HMX. I have them in 3,4,5,5,6,6/7,7/8, and all but the last have the warrantee. I bought the 7/8 weight Crosswater knowing that I wasn't getting the "premium" warrantee, just because I am a fan of the brand...and that's why they offer the warrantee on the others. Redington is my rod because, I believe that I am getting the Sage without the Sage price point.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread