+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Montana question...

Default Montana question...

I'm going to be in Kalispell this August with one full day to spend fishing. Can anybody recommend a good guide/outfitter or location within three hours of Kalispell? I'm looking to do some drift boat fishing, as this will be on the tail end of a three day trip through Glacier. Might be nice to give the legs a rest.

I'm looking for somewhere good. Somewhere that offers the best of Montana. I'd be a fool to not capitalize on the opportunity. I don't get there often (this will be my first time).

Thanks for the help folks.

gutbomb -

Hard to believe that anyone going to Glacier for only three days is willing to spend even one of them fishing - lot more serious about fishing than me, for sure !! If you happen to forget your fishing stuff, don't sweat it, cause Glacier can make you forget it even if you have it with you.

If you really want an interesting experience at Glacier to include fishing, think Kintla Lake and Kintla Creek in the far Northwest section of the park for a couple of your three days, or maybe the whole three days.

The lake holds cutts and lake trout, but that is not where the fishing is. Kintla Creek has lots of medium size cutts, or at least it did when I was there two or three years ago. Dry fly water. The road in runs on the park side of the Flathead so you can access it at a few places, and fish it without a license since it is inside the park. ( Double check the current regs - last time I was there, no license was required, but things might have changed. )

Be warned, though. It is a long drive in with the last 30-40 miles ( my best recollection ) on dirt roads, there is limited camping space in what would politely be referred to as a primitive campground, and the drive out will seem longer than the one in. But if you ever get there, you will understand why I am recommending it.

John
    The fish are always right.

Default kalispell

Give the guys at Lakestream flyshop in Whitefish a call.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

+ Reply to Thread