+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: While Tying

Depends on the time of day for me. Early daytime... classic 60's and 70's rock. Later in the daytime to early evening, soft rock or Celtic music. Later at night when insomnia has me awake again, I have about 30 praise and worship songs I put on my puter and all of a sudden, I'm not quite so wide awake, but still get a little tying done.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I listen to "What's that daddy," "Can I have a go daddy?" "Will that catch a fish daddy?" "Doll - did you mow the grass yet?" "Hon - can you cook dinner tonight?" "Did anybody feed the dogs yet?" "Does this mean you are going fishing tomorrow?" "When will you be finishing the trims in the extension?" "Have you been tying all day?" "Did you do any more painting today?" "Will you be working tomorrow?" "How much did this new material cost?" "Dad - can I play on your computer if you are going to tie flies?" and usually some television thrown in as well.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

I'm with Dudley. Classic Rock loud enough to drown out all those other voices.

You might want to give that a shot Gringo.

Gringo, I'm rolling after reading your post! You speak (write) the truth!!

Great job!!

Fred Sanford

Jazzzz.

------------------
    Steve V.

Blog Entries

Music you say ? I Never hear it either when in that self induced coma called fly tying .
    Well to tell the truth I never really thought about it . A little of what Gringo said always creeps in there . For the most part tho I just sort of veg out . I tie till I'm tired . By the time I pause to look up at the clock several hours have passed me by . I have missed dinner (I know cause its still sitting cold on the countertop )My ever patient wife only nags me once or twice to come to the table anymore if I dont respond I'm on my own . Then about four hours after I missed my supper I know she will have said "I'm going to bed Hun" , I probably muttered "Ok Hun" but I don't recall any if it . Its now dark out , It wasn't when I started . The coffee I put in the nuker to warm up is still there which would explain that curious beeping I hear every 5 minutes or so . The black Lab will be asleep across my feet and I will have to gently push him off .Thats about it .

Oh yes and I will have about 10 or 12 newly tied flies to show for the 5 or 6 hours I was in lala land .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Metallica and that genre. I am still one of those damn kids.

Spec:

You are the only Opera Buff!

I like opera, but I it without the words, and I am fully clothed while listening. I never listen Opera in the Buff!

Blog Entries

Foxxtrot, see if you can pick up WREK out of Atlanta (Georgia Tech). It has been compared, unfavorably, to a couple of tom cats fighting in a room full of pots and pans.

Steven -
    Don't knock it 'till you've tried it! (giggle)

+ Reply to Thread