+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembrance, November 11

Thanks...all...

Though not a Veteran myself, I am the son of one who served in the US Army 20 years as a Ranger, Special Forces, Green Beret, Fixed and Rotary wing combat decorated soldier, my Pop. He did two tours in Nam flying Hueys then Cobras. His Dad was in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII and my ancestors fought in WWI, the War Between the States (Rebel side), The War of 1812, and The Revolutionary War in Colonial America.

So, yes, I understand the value of Freedom-it's not free but fought for and hard won sometimes and appreciate and respect those who serve in the Armed forces whereever they may be.

I think I'll call my dad up and chat- plus he just bought this little 8 acres in the NC mountains with a stream running through it. I already asked about any Trout in it.......maybe he has seen one since we last spoke.

Happy Veterans Day!

[This message has been edited by featherchucker (edited 11 November 2005).]

nighthawk Guest

I will pray for and honor all of our vets and their families. Let us also remember the Rosie The Riveters and Molly Pitcher. They are vets too.
    [url=http://www.rosietheriveter.com:62288]http://www.rosietheriveter.com[/url:62288]

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

I've had family members in every American War since the Revolution. I honor their memories, the memories of others who served, and the service of those still in uniform today.

I've many comrades around the world who have, like me, served at their country's call. I salute you all.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

[url=http://canada.kos.net/remembrance.html:66008]http://canada.kos.net/remembrance.html[/url:66008]
    Don Rolfson

Having spent 1959 - 1980 in the US Navy, I have a special place in my heart for veterans. In addition to fly fishing, I also ride a motorcycle, and this morning I received a request to attend the funeral and support the family of PFC Tyler MacKenzie of Greeley Colorado who died in Iraq last week. Tyler would have been 21 last Monday. A group of anti-war demonstrators have decided that this young man's funeral is the place for them to make a "political" statement.

Today I ride in memory of ALL our veterans, past and present; may God grant them peace and rest.

------------------
    Dan S
    The poster formerly known as Outrider
    Dan S
    "I still don't know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel." Roderick Haig-Brown, A River Never Sleeps

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from our local Rememberance Day services and received an e-mail from a friend with a link to a song writen by Terry Kelly called "The Pittance of Time". It is a must listen to song. Here is the web site to go to <www.remembrance-day.ca>. It will put you to a web site about Terry Kelly, you then pick english or french and then go to watch the video. Hope it touches your heart as much as it did ours.

Thank you,
    Alan Mills (salmonguy)
    Catch & Release Works...

Blog Entries

Salmonguy is so right , the song is awesome but really you must watch the video it is absolutely incredible . Click this link to the video in English .
    [url=http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/chief_land_staff/remembrance/English/Home.asp:5bf5c]http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/chief_land_staff/remembrance/English/Home.asp[/url:5bf5c]

If you Vets don't have a tear in your eye after watching this I'll eat my flyrod .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Let me also add my thanks to all those who served and are serving throughout all the wars, conflicts, and peace keeping missions.

Too often we take so much of what we have for granted and when I think of what so many gave, my problems pale in comparison!

" At the going down and the coming of the day, we will remember them. "

Regards

Gnu Bee...I just watched the video....you don't have to eat your fly rod. Thanks to you & Alan for sharing.

Grizz....My personal opinion is that "freedom of assembly" should, as with ALL supposed rights, have limits....a fallen soldiers' funeral should BE one of those limitations. I also believe our news media needs to get off their butts & show the demonstrating group in the highly classless & negative light they deserve...their "cause" should suffer by their own tacky actions, & the public should know. If the funeral hasn't yet taken place, please salute Tyler for me. Thanks for sharing.
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread