+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Flybinder and all of our Missing In Action...

Blog Entries

Thanks for the post Eric, waking up Paul can be a chore at times but seems to have done the trick in this case.

Happy New Year to all those others missing in action we have not heard from in a while. Lets hear from you.

Paul, its good to see your at least kicking one leg even if its only to jump start the cerebellum and re-arrange the smouldering sawdust within.

As for the weather STOP already! You guys are letting too much get through. Your weather is our weather +24 hours and 7 minutes later. This is the desert for petes sake. I have a foot of snow on my house and the gazebo is crushed to the ground. It has snowed more here this winter than it has in the last 20 years combined. We have no snowplows for the side streets, some folks no longer even owned snow shovels when this white stuff first started. Oh sure the old timers had told of it in their stories around the campfires but we never really believed them. Even Canadian tire ran out of snow shovels and had to send a hurry up call Out East where snow lives for more shovels.

When all this stuff melts there is going to be Hell to pay downstream. Luckily I live upstream more by luck than design.

Happy new year everyone.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 01-02-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

It's 54 and sunny here. There's a little too much wind for good casting, but that's life. I am, of course, sitting in a cube.

Ed

<off in the distance Castwell harrumphs... "I've seen him cast. A butterfily's sneeze is too much wind for HIS "good casting".>
    Last edited by EdD; 01-02-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Default Eyes bug out upon looking out the window...

Gnu Bee, this will not please you...it's 42 here in Roseberg, OR and pouring...with snow in the mix...and I'm at about 425 ft. elev.

Just thought I should let you know. Sure am glad I went to the lake the last day of last year !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Thumbs down Casting Weather

Temps and wind gusts here both in the high 30s !!

Thought maybe I would get out today, but that idea pretty much got blown away.

John

P.S. George - how did you do on the lake ??
    The fish are always right.

Default Well, no fish John, but...

....from a 'getting out there and practicing my cast' perspective, I did really well. I kept imagining I was seeing bass or crappie following my leech pattern in the green tea stained water, but I think that was wishful thinking.

I was surprised to have the whole place to myself for several of the hours I was there. On an aside, I did have the happy pleasure of witnessing some interesting folks pile out of several vehicles, rig up and begin fishing from both piers, plainly marked 'Do not fish from the pier'. Some of them became very excited when a flight? flock? of honkers cupped and landed in the soaked grasses near them to worm and grub. The interesting folks seemed to be afraid of the honkers and would walk way around to get to the two piers.

I took a few pics of the lake and if you'd like, I could post them in another thread, not wishing to clutter this one up with pictures of completely flat, pine and fir surrounded waters.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Well, now, GnuBee my friend.............. Latest weather that will reach you in 24 hours and 7 minutes...... "Sunday-Jan.4th: "High winds expected, gusts to 65-70mph, 2-3inches of rain expected to come in along with latest winds".(end quote, Nat.Weather Service and US Coast Guard reports).
    Consider yourself lucky, that we here at the BEACH (and YOU complain about "snow in the desert"?), are kind and thoughtful enough, to FIRST, send our "used weather" up and over JC's locale, before sending the remnants on to your neck of the globe!
    It's becoming more more difficult to roll cast even Steelhead Bombers, more than a few inches, in these ever present 60+ mph winds. A few old timers are resorting to using wrist rockets to get their flies out on the water.
    Fortunately, since the rains also have produced mass flooding in many areas, one need only drop a line out the window, to successfully fish our local streams!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile

Paul,
    I can hardly believe it didn't snow, rain, blow or anything today (Saturday), but there is always today and next week, for more moisture. I found a handy idea for the next time you lose power: http://green.yahoo.com/blog/ecogeek/...snowstorm.html
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread