+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Besides sox & underwear...

Blog Entries

Smile Desserts or breads for everyone

Joe,

Feel free to run with the idea. Just for info, one of the stipulations is that if the winner does not make it to the monthly club meeting then that months dessert goes into the monthly raffle. The response was so good on this idea that some of the members were plotting on how to keep the winner away from the club meetings so they would have a chance to win.

I decided that in order to keep harmony within the club, I would bring two desserts to each meeting. One for the yearly dessert raffle winner and one for the raffle table at each meeting. Now maybe our club president will feel safe coming to the meetings.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Ok Joe don't give me to hard of a time.

I got a bread making machine. I made some french bread with it last night. Not to bad for my first attempt. At least it all got ate up along with the rib roast. Nothing beats fresh, warm bread with butter and homemade strawberry freezer jam. I will make some standard white tonight.

I also got one of those stove top popcorn poppers so I can try my hand at coffee roasting.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I got a Samsung 50" HD plasma TV

Got a laptop stand with cooling fan, shirt and an electric coin sorter. Best of all I got to watch my kids enjoy Christmas.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I got a shotgun, some new drumsticks I asked for, and three books with some quite difficult drumline music that I asked for. And a neat sweater thing!

nb

I got a GPS Garmin, I was totally surprised, I'v wanted one every since Mike (Ohiotuber) came down last spring with his, and you know dang it Mike knew I was getting one cause my wife had called him to get some info. So I know Mike can keep a secret...lol My Mom knew, even folks at my work knew. I had no idea!!! Those things are the bomb...lol
    I didn't get no socks or underwear, hmmm now I gotta buy'em...

Talking Christmas Joy

I had a fantastic Christmas this year. Best news was that my son and wife will be having baby number two this July. Have a grandson and am hoping for a granddaughter. Along with that news I received a handmade rod sock, rod tube hard case, polarized sunglasses and a sweet rebuilt bamboo 7' 9'' South Bend that my brother in law restored. (looking forward to the Pa Fish In !!! just need to learn how to use it all) Course the best part was time spent with family and friends.
    Bernie

Oh Wow!! Dr. Sagefisher!!!!

Is there a chance of getting your wife's recipe for Hummingbird cake? The name is enough to excite my wife - she loves the hummers - and it's contents make it sound delectable. One of her gifts was a pair of hummingibrd cloissone ear rings.

Joe may be pleased to hear the our daughter provided me with a pair of stoneware bread "pans". Now I can do three loaves at a time. Joe's craisin, raisin and sunflower seed loaf still leads the league around here.

Queen Betty might smile when she hears that I received a #12 crochet hook, in my stocking, so I can use her method of attaching tippet rings to my badly furled leaders.

O Mighty Sagefisher - Please?!?!?!?!?

Happy New Year to all.

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Blog Entries

Smile Hummingbird Cake

Littlebrook,

Here is a link to the recipe for Hummingbird Cake.

It is really good and moist, but we use no actual hummingbirds while making this cake so there won't be any feathers you can use for tying.

Sorry

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...878#post266878

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    You get more than underwear and sox for Christmas? Who do I need to talk to about this?
    I don't complain as long as they come from Victor Tells All, which is next door to Victoria's Secret! Sometimes me and Mama ..... oh, wait, I better not mention that.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread