+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pa Fish-In 2009, is it going to happen?

Blog Entries

Default How long can we keep this going?

Ya know, it's only December and we got another 5 months to go...(Randy)
    at the rate we're posting, this thread will have 78 pages on it by May. will that set a record?
    seriously, the planning and anticipation attached to every fishing trip has taught me patience, and the trick of enjoying the wait. kind o' like waiting for Santa Claus--as a child i found it unbearable, but now it's all part of the fun.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Default flys for fish-in

have them snelled wets to get done, also green drake dun i think i can show you, maybe not, i think he died have to find out, good dun pattern but said i keep it till then.a buddy ask me to go out to 20 mile for a day trip, 5 hours out, 5 hour back, 5 hours fishing. but i think i will stay home. i still go to salmon river on day trips, that only 4 hours one way. but it getting so i need 4days to get over it. flyman 3

you gents are making a powerful case for me to attend the PA 09 Fish-In. Between the menu, fishing and cost, I'm just about convinced to commit. Where is the location in reference to State College?( since I know where that is).

Mark

Marco- It is about a little less than an hour and half north-northeast of State College. If you're coming from the west let me know. I'm coming from Pittsburgh and there is potential to car-pool.

Randy - we tracked every turn via gps and I'd be more than happy to share coordinates to your hideout. Anyways my dad was driving and I'm sure I could tailgate you the whole way there. We may have to drag you out from above that bridge.

On top of what Heritage Angler said, I would add some sulphurs (14-16) and gray foxes (12-14). But do take head to his comment on the CDC 'n Elk. I saw him yank quite a few fish on that pattern on Kettle.

Wish everyone the best until the fish-in. Only 161 days left of waiting!
    Last edited by setnhooked; 12-15-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Default fish-in pa

heritage we stay at best western when we do more than one day. the lad has no more days, he used them down on sandy hook on salt water, that is a new ball game that i do not think i will get into. how many days to go, i am ready . flyman 3

Wow, I can see this one just may be the biggest and best PA Fish In and that will be hard to accomplish because the previous have been fantastic. I have been to two but I missed last year, I don't plan on missing this one.

Marco, I hope you make it. I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at the Michigan Fish In a few years ago. You will enjoy this one I am sure.

Dot
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Blog Entries

I got the van all packed and ready to go, Phil will be here in the am! Damn! Still 5 months away!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    I got the van all packed and ready to go, Phil will be here in the am! Damn! Still 5 months away!
    Hey,
    It's only five months. Heck, you can do that with your eyes closed. In your neck of the woods there are a bunch of fun outdoor activities to do at that time of the year. After all, it was seven months ago that I first posted this thread.

Blog Entries

5 months is a long time in NY! Hopefully the knee will be up to snuff after Christmas, and "Evil Phil" and I and maybe cj and some others will get some steelies to ward off the "cabin fever".

You know the trouble with eating all that food that has been discussed? The rumbling of stomachs and the ill winds that blow afterwards!!!!

Damn Dave, I was all packed and ready to go! Five more months is an eternity! Especially with these temperatures.

+ Reply to Thread