+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your's reside in the Pick-up?

Blog Entries

Talking Does your's reside in the Pick-up?

Here's a pic of the rod that seems to find it's way to a lot of different streams that I fish . I recently broke this rod doing something stupid while trying to land a 30" bow. I got the fish in but that's another story. Anyway I deceided that it was worth salvaging and figured a re-do was in order for its "meritorious service" over the past 9 yrs or so.
    A couple new sections ,a few wraps ,and some other fancy do-dads and its a happy camper again. It's a Stowaway 5 pc. 4wt that packs down into a nice little 18"tube and sleeps in my truck when off duty.

Wink No

No ..... but if I could rip them apart and put them back together the way you do, I might consider it.
    The fish are always right.

I keep my trusty 5 wt with reel and a small fly box as my emergency road side kit. You never know where you're driving when an "emergency" can pop up. So how is your rod recovering?

Blog Entries

Wink

A man after my own heart...lol.....never know when those emergencies can pop up.

As for rod recovery you can see the pic.its better than new and casts just fine..ready for action once again........Ed

Well being the water has frozen here in Northwest Indiana they are no longer in the truck. As soon as the ice melts the 4wt and 6wt will be put back in.
    Remember we all live down stream

I like what you did to the grip, looks cool. I keep my short 3'4" 5wt 1 pc rigged and either on the dash when out and about, or behind the seat if it's real sunny out or lacking shade. Of course the Neos Hipers are behind the seat and fly boxes in the glove compartments and door pockets, ready to go at a moment's notice.

Default Hummmmmm

No, but i have to sleep in the dog house during the fishing season sonmetimes!

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

My gear is always in the trunk! There's a place on the Way to Tim's Ford Dam that has the best Broasted chicken as well other "Snacks" that I can pick up on the way. Got a gas station on the way to the Duck River that you can build a sandwich at on the way. Gear and food and I'm all set for what ever comes my way!!

Smile

My homebuilt 6'6" 5 piece 2wt lives under the back seat of the Ram April thru October here in Missouri. I travels around in a small duffle back with my reel, flies and fannypack.

A 5wt Forcast and box of flies are even now sleeping under the seat of my pickup. A pair of hemos and nippers hang from the rear view mirror. Who knows when you are out visiting the homebound and the infirm, and a fishing emergancy might come up. I know every widow lady with a farm pond in 5 counties and they get visited often.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread