+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mudhole.com

Well, gosh, once again,,, when in doubt, try a sponsor.
    http://flyanglersonline.com/about/batson/
    Been with us for years.

Mudhole Guest

Hello Mr. Butt,

Thank you for your feedback, if it was not for thoughtful customers like you, we would never be able to improve our customer service. I first want to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you and your customer. We strive for 110% customer satisfaction; unfortunately it seems we did not provide that service in your case.

I have read the emails on your transaction and I have spoken to the operator you talked to. I am sorry that our operator was not more helpful to you. I can assure you our staff is very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. As posted here, we have thousands of very satisfied customers whom we deal with. We will do whatever is needed to satisfy your concerns and correct these problems for happening in the future.

As with many of the exclusive products we offer to the custom rod builder, Mud Hole is the only vendor in the USA offering the Fireball Red guides. Therefore we have large lead times from our manufacturers. In your case we outsold the size 10 guides prior to additional inventory arriving ? meaning we were out of stock on just that size. We have the largest inventory of rod building products in the USA, over 25,000 SKU?s in stock, and inevitably we are backordered on a few items. In your case, the size 10 guide was not removed from the web site in a timely manner so you were able to order it. We have taken corrective actions so this does not happen in the future.
    We have provided you with a 100% full refund on your order and you may keep the goods you have received. Additionally, we have mailed you a gift certificate inviting you to order from us again with our compliments.

Again, we apologize again for the inconvenience and aggravation. We value your patronage and hope that if you decided to order from us in the future, your future orders with us will be positive experiences.

If the staff of Mud Hole Custom Tackle or I may provide you with any additional service, please call contact us toll free at 800-673-3474 or via my direct line that I gave you.

Best regards for the Holiday Season,

Tom McNamara
    President/CEO
    Mud Hole Custom Tackle
    www.mudhole.com
    Phone: (407) 447-RODS

Wow,
    Looks like a happy ending.
    Jeff

Perhaps I should clarify, Mudhole had been a sponsor many years ago.

I can't believe a company would send out part of an order and say the rest is on "backorder" and then not stand up to a return.
    You didn't get the order you ordered.
    If you bought it using a credit card, call your credit card company and contest the charges!! They will take it off your bill if you say "I did not recieve what I ordered"....and you didn't.

I see the rather "form" reply by Mudhole above. Call the guy and get it squared away. Sounds like they wish to make amends. Keep us posted on what happens.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 11-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I have dealt with Mudhole many times over the years, and have had no issues. They are not my main supplier since they don't carry Batson blanks, but I would gladly use them again for other items. Sorry you had a problem with them, but that is an exception rather than the rule. I have had similar problems with other suppliers but things always seem to work out.

Tom or Mr McNamara which ever you prefer your post speaks in loud volumes heard across the U.S. You are indeed one of the big dogs in suppliers for rod building and carry a lot of stuff that other suppliers do not. That is why I used your services. Being in customer service for over 30 years I understand that a person can be having a bad day but that should never reflect in a call. Enough of that, that is history and I live for the future. If my following statment angers you I apologize. You have gone through a lot of effort to make me happy but if I was to keep the materials and not pay for them then that my friend would be nothing short of robbery. This is what I propose You send me item HZHC Casting guides Item # HZHC Zirconia Ring Casting Guide Holographic ring/holographic frame in the sizes that I ordered and the tip top to match and we will call it even. You can keep the gift certificate and I will mail the fireball guides back to you. Make sure I am billed the orginal invoice and it will be even. I will continue to shop with you as well. I will build the rod and be happy and you will have the money for your products minus the difference in the price of the guides. I am available tuesdays and wedsdays at my home or on my cell 208-884-2886. Call me anytime as long as it is before 8pm Idaho time and thanks once again for you care and concern.

Folks what this man has done is very nice and I will continue to buy from them for my specialty items. What has happened in the past I will keep in the past and learn from them. This does show there is customer service at mudhole and it is to bad the CEO had to be involved. I also hope that mudhole will remain a active member here. His knowledge on rod building would be fabulous in our rod building forum. I am a small rod builder trying to build a business so when I retire I have a extra income. It seems I lost one of my retirements due to a bankruptcy filed by the union and the company that paid into it. Such is life LOL.

I have dealt with them in the past. They were good. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Thumbs up

Harleybob, you're a good man.

Well it looks like this has all worked out. I am getting what I want as is Mudhole. I will build the rod and sell it to someone else. If it doesn't sell now maybe in the future.

+ Reply to Thread