+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Great Lakes Steelhead Flies Swap

Gentleman,
    Before we chase down the street with pitchforks lets remember the reason we do these swaps (for enjoyment).

I understand the delivery of the swap flies has been delayed for circumstances that are not particularly favorable (waiting on an unresponsive swap member). I do greatly appreciate everyone's patience. Every active person has been a gem to deal with in this swap.

Please know that I have contacted another swapmeister in which this individual is on the swap list. If a similar encounter is found within the swap I will contact an administrator.

Otherwise, I would appreciate that we all act with the camaraderie that we find so common within this board. The flies are in the mail - let's do our best to enjoy them!

Chris

PS...did not wet a line in Charleston. Ended up flying down three times in the past month for a few days. The one day I had a half day available to get out on the 'yak, the rental company would not rent to me because of 15+ mph winds (insurance reasons). I was about to pull my hair out because I spotted some reds beforehand a short paddle upstream. Thanks for asking!
    Last edited by setnhooked; 11-19-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Chris you did good, don't worry about the delay. Sometimes things come up that can't be helped, working to much family emergencies etc. It would have been nice of this person to notify you that he could not get the flies to you.

No skin off my butt. Thanks for hosting.
    Remember we all live down stream

I got mine today Good Looking flies everybody

I received mine in the mail this morning. Well worth the wait. Great flies. Thanks for running the swap.

Got mine today, and they look great! Nice job everyone. A BIG THANKS to our swapmaster, Chris. Of course, I knew you'd do a fine job running a swap, and hope to see more from you.

Chris - if you see two guys running down your street with pitchforks, its just Gene and myself coming to drag you out fishing (we're definitely going, weather permitting)...........Ed

Chris the flys got here today!1
    Great job every one and great swap Chris.
    Planning a day run to Erie Wed. before Thanksgiving

Wet

High Desert Area of N. CA. 60 miles north of Reno, NV, at the north-eastern base of the Sierras.

Some great Steelhead flys arrived this weekrnd and They look great. A couple I will try to tie as I like their style.
    Thanks for the swap
    jim
    deserttrout

May Your God Be Your Fishing Partner

Great set of flies. Thanks for hosting. No worries about the delay, the tribs are still full of fish!!

Got my flies the other day great job to all and Chris thanks for hosting
    Remember we all live down stream

Default Many thanks to the swap members

Thanks to all who participated in this swap. You all have made my first go at being a swap meister extremely enjoyable. Through this, I have rivaled against one of those infamous OSU Buckeye fans , discovered some new patterns, and most importantly hooked into a few fish.

Thanks to all and if anyone in the OH, NY, PA region would be interested in getting together, lets try to pick some dates to meet up. Any takers?

Chris

+ Reply to Thread