+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip of a life time! Advice Please

Default Trip of a life time! Advice Please

Some of you know of my trips with my father-in-law. He is 78 and fishes from sun up to sun down. He still walks well, but more than a mile in is more than he wants. 78 but strong and a great fisherman. He wants to take his son and I on "the trip of a life time." Money is not a consideration. He prefers salmon, large trout are ok. No float fishing, prefers wade fishing and dry flies or wets, not into nymphing. Not into New Zealand. Alaska, Russia,and Scotland, are good possibilities, actually about anywhere in the world where the fishing is great except New Zealand. Needs a cabin, running water and a decent bed, going to fish, not sight see but beauty is appreciated. Does'nt want to have a bunch of other fisherman around. Seclusion, pristine waters and willing big fish, willing to pay. I am supposed to find the place. Gentleman, your advice please.

Just a suggestion for the salmon lover. I just picked the following site as they had a lot of information & the Miramichi is a legendary watershed for Atlantic Salmon. /www.miramichisalmon.net/index.html

Mike
    ps: I've never fished it, but I can dream, can't I?
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hi,

Miramichi is a good choice. Newfoundland is another; both the Island or Labrador. Chris Chin could easily recommend some great spots in Quebec I'm sure.

- Jeff

He actually owns places there. He wants some place he has never been before. Keep the ideas coming!

Default Alaska for sure!

Here is a great Alaska suggestion: http://www.blueberryislandlodge.com This is a do it yourself lodge on the Kvichak River in the Bristol Bay region of Alaska. This area has world class salmon and trout fishing. Powered skiffs are available for your use at the lodge. This place is owned by a great friend and avid fly-fisher.

If you tell them that I sent you, you will get absolutely nothing, but hey, what are friends for?

Good luck on your endeavor.

In one word Andros Island,,, bonefish.
    Will out fight any fish he has ever caught. Accommodations can be as good as you are willing to pay for.

Default I have to agree with JC

Bonz!!! You have to go for Bonefish. I never have, ... but will in the near future.

If not, ... Newfoundland (the Humber River), BC Queen Charlotte Islands or Alaska. My choices as you want a bit of seclusion with amenities (else it would be Russia!!!).

Best of luck finding a Dream Destination. Do you home work!!
    Christopher Chin

Blog Entries

A second on Blueberry Island Lodge... They are very generous to the Alaska Fly Fishers and donate a week for two to the club auction each year. Friends have bought and taken the trip and had the most incredible fishing of their lives and they have been around... A LOT!

Nothing like monster rainbows hammering deer hair shrews on top to make you giggle in the morning! The grayling fishing is also incredible. Salmon is all about timing and they can/should work that out with you.
    art

Mongolia! The biggest fish and miles and miles of nothing!
    If money is no object then maybe see if you can get a week on one of the Scotish salmon rivers?
    All the best.
    Mike.

If I could... Im with Mike...

fishing for big Mongolia taimen would rock!!

but it all depends what time of year you guys are loking at..

shoot... I like to try deep sea fishing for marlin on a fly

Leonard

Midstream... PM sent

+ Reply to Thread