+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flies for Vets Received

Default Flies for Vets Received

Mr. John Scott. Received flies today. Holy crapadoodle man. That must be 300 flies at least. Brand new hard cardboard priority mail box mailed in....terrific brand new thick brown paper stuffing, and inside a probably 4-5 x 8-9 fly box....literally stuffed to the gills with a variety of flies! I wish I did not have to give them up. Oh well.

MR. SCOTT. ON THE VETS BEHALF A BIG.....REALLY REALLY BIG THANK YOU.

I will reimburse you myself for the shipping cost. The least one can do for sooooo many excellently tied flies. What a bundle. They should never run out.

Class act by what must be a very class man. Well done.

Seriously Sincerely,

Gemrod
    I will sadly part with them Monday morning.

Very well done Gentlemen!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Thumbs up

Just another example of the class members we have here at FAOL
    Remember we all live down stream

How do we contact this group?

You are right on Steve and Scubatim. Fine bunch of people on this website. Very fine people. John could have made some money on that many flies, instead he spent money. The absolute difference between the receiving.....and not receiving anything but spending ....well he could have made some dough. His choice...but instead he chose to give them away....donate them....all his costs to purchase the material, hooks, fur and feathers, and his work. He gives it away. Tops man.

My effort about the new box was that John spared no expense to get these lies to us asap. I was just impresed. I have received things from worn our cardboard taped together to what ever. John spared no expense in getting the flies to us asap. I believe he mailed them asap, prioity and insured. Out of HIS pocket. Hat's off to one Mr. John Scott.

Contacting a group? I assume you mean the Healing Waters group that donates their time and efforts to helping the Veterans. All one has to do is contact their local VA office and say they are interested in the Healing Waters program. The VA will know exactly what you are talking about and guide you from there.

good luck and thanks all

Gemrod
    A better bunch of people cannot be found. We may all have our differences...mostly petty....we have our differences with each other on here at times...but in the end we do stick together thru it huh? Thanks to JC and LF this is all working so fine. Bringing people together...and facilitating all the gripes and grumbles, and problems. It's all good. What JC & LF have raised here is priceless.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 10-11-2008 at 04:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread