+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foam Fly Swap

High Desert Area of N. CA. 60 miles north of Reno, NV, at the north-eastern base of the Sierras.

bassman, janus, ibrb, johnnywalker, tbwannabe, and ben

Thanks for joining.

Only two more slots left but I could be swayed to go for 15-18 if needed AND the other tyers agree - this is their swap.

tightlines
    Jim
    deserttrout

May Your God Be Your Fishing Partner

I would like to jump in on this one if I may... I will tie some of my ezfoam hoppers.
    thanks, Gary

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Still got a slot left?

Hi DT,

If you've still got a slot left, I would love to try a chartreuse Gurgle Pop with deep apologies to Pete Fraily. I know that you have been well schooled by Bassmaster so your swap will definitely be A1. 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 09-16-2008 at 01:00 PM.

tennesseeflies Guest

Default hello

i am in tba

Default Firefly?

Can I get in with a #12 firefly?

Kirk

"Count me in"
    Last edited by crazy4oldcars; 09-16-2008 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to say "Count me in"

High Desert Area of N. CA. 60 miles north of Reno, NV, at the north-eastern base of the Sierras.

Fellow tiers/tyers

We have 12 plus tiers/tyers. Do you want to go to 15?

I can handle it as I am retired and just tie flys, host and join swaps, fish 2-3times a week, play with my puppy, maintain the house and go to drs.

Of another note, a bit on my swap philosophy.

We have made a committment to join other tyers in a fun project and complete our flys or get them sorted and mailed back out. Not to do so is not honorable! So if you sign up to tie a certain number of flys - you are committed and 10-12 other tyers are counting on you to follow through and get them in on time or sooner. My committment to you is that I will monitor the swap and get all the flys back to each tyer as soon as possible. Now sometimes stuff happens that will preclude getting the flys done on tome or at all. We have to face reality that sometimes things come up. If something does come up, contact the host ASAP and let them know what is what. If someone fails to do this on my swap; they will no longer be allowed to join any of my swaps regardless of the forum I am holding the swap in. I have held swaps on FTF, FRDC, and VFB and all have gone along just fine. I have a list of only 4 swappers that I have banned from my swaps. One site bans them also.
    Jim
    deserttrout

May Your God Be Your Fishing Partner

15 Sounds good to me but I will go with what everyone else would like. I have no problem tying more. Thanks again for letting me join in on this swap. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

This is my first swap. I know my tying isn't near the talent of all involved so I'm a tad nervous, bear with me. I am fine with whatever the group decides # wise. Jim do you pm us your address or do we pm you when we are ready to send them? And we send them in a fly box w/ a return postage paid envelope inside and the swap flies are sent back in the fly box we sent? Just making sure I got it right.
    Janus

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up 15 works fine for me!

I believe that I made the original cut so I will vote for the increase to 15 tyers. 8T

works for me dan

+ Reply to Thread