+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Fragrance

Cool Oh lordy,

Betty said the magic word! Wonder Bread! Darm.

Jim,

Might I suggest that you go to the FAOL Home page and in the menu click on "Features" and scan down to "What's Cookin" and at the bottom of that page is "Previous What's Cookin" and you will find all kinds of recipes for all kinds of food and it all looks good!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Gemrod,
    If you had a Costco Wholesale Warehouse near you , you wouldn't need to cook. You could subsist entirely on their great $1.50 incl. drink hotdogs . If you factor in the price, 10 miles ain't that far.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Deanna,
    I love ya, but Wonder Bread makes LOUSY toast!...Great bologna & mayo sandwiches, but REAL lousy toast.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone who posted those great recipe web-sites. I bookmarked each and everyone them. With God as my witness, I shall never be hungry again! 8T

Default Fresh food

The more unprocessed food you can eat the better off you are. I know from experience. Lived the widowed live fo 9 yrs and ate out of boxes and bags. Onset of sugar problems with weight gain.
    Good luck and God bless.
    Kev
    Last edited by Kevin_D; 08-30-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Marco
    Nearest Costco is 3.5 hours away. I have never made that roundtrip in 8 hours. I am wearing out the Bedder Cheddar dogs from Wal-Mart.

Kevin D.
    Interesting point. So much easier to do a tv dinner or frozen pizza. I buy the large everthing on it from a bar that makes a darn good pizza. Then just freeze it. Easy food when hungry if you have a micro-wave. But interesting.....in the past year my weight has been ballooning. Don't know why. Maybe a combination of things....not just one thing. Interesting though about boxed and bagged food. I'm on an austerity plan financially. I guess I need to get on a plan for weight loss. Think it is more of WHAT I eat than how much. I weigh more now than in my entire life.....and it didn't start going up till last year. Seems to just add more as the year goes along. Hmmm....boxed, bagged, and canned foood......

Gemrod,

I know how quickly TB can put on pounds. We can all preach to you about getting off the processed food and getting regular exercise, but ultimately it will be up to you to decide that you want a different (and hopefully longer & healthier) lifestyle. It appears to be cheaper to eat that crap from the Dollar Menu at McDonalds and Burger Rat, but it's the worst thing you can eat. I like to refer to that stuff as mystery meat because of how much animal scraps (hair, hooves, organ pieces-parts, etc) are allowed in the 'meat.' Sure sounds good, doesn't it? How about all those preservatives that you can't pronounce? Ain't they tasty too?

The cooking sites can teach you to cook very nutritious meals that the leftovers can be frozen for another day. Portion control is a necessity, and this is where you need to discipline yourself to not eat enough for two people just because it tastes so good (I know all about disciple, because my wife enforces it).

Do check out the What's Cooking pages for some really tasty meal ideas that are pretty simple to make.

Good Luck, and don't hesitate to call on us if you need help. God knows we have the answers to everything.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Did you know that if you roll wonder bread tightly into a ball and drop it on the floor, that it will actually bounce?
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Thanks Joe. I stand correctified. Really...I hear you loud and clear. I cannot afford to heat my house up here in the winter. I am putting in a heating stove. For the cost of the difference in code requirements and thus the triple walled stove pipe...etc....it's close to a pellet stove....which is no work at all and the next cheapest thing to wood. But I opted for a wood stove. I have to go into the woods, find, cut, load, drive home. Unload, cut to length's, split, haul into house....haul out the ashes......I opted for a wood stove. I know I need the work and I can cook on top of it.

Good words Joe and you are right.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread