+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh no, not another Spam thread....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    And to think that most of the younger generation will never know such delights. Dinty Moore Beef Stew and Poptarts have kept many a Boy Scout alive, vigorous, and vertical.

Ed
    Ed,
    Don't forget these!; http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default "these"?

Doug,
    Is that a "smore"?? If so, they were "invented" AFTER(?) my generation developed.

Mark

Sorry, Dough God. I have on occasion eaten SPAM, straight up on bread. I don't particularly care for it.
    Potted meat, on the other hand, is a gastronomical DELIGHT. I love the stuff. Straight out of the can, on a couple of slices of bread, as potted meat salad. The list goes on. (And yes, I have read the ingredients!)
    Dinty Moore Beef Stew was a staple in my poorer days, and still makes an appearance when we don't feel like cooking. A slice of buttered bread, folded to sop up all the gravy goodness.

OK, time to go dig around in the cabinet. I know I have a can stashed for emergencies. I feel an emergency coming on!

Kirk

C4OC,
    Now you went and done it. Your reference to "buttered bread to sop......." was just the way I used to stretch my quarters worth. I often spilled the entire contents of the can on several slices of buttered bread much like a hot turkey or hot beef sandwich is served. Lucky you if you have a can handy, I have to go out and buy one RIGHT NOW.

Mark

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Doug,
    Is that a "smore"?? If so, they were "invented" AFTER(?) my generation developed.

Mark
    Mark,
    Yes that's a smore! Good heavens! How old are you?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Not that Brave

Have no problem with hot dogs or baloney, but come on folks Spam, nobody knows what that stuff is made out of. When I was a kid on a deer drive, we took a break at lunch time and was riding with a fifteen year old, thought I was cool, stopped at a country store to get some RC's and Nabs and he pointed at a can of Spam which had been sitting on the lower shelf for at least five years, covered with dust, etc. He said let's get some boiled Mis--------e, did not have a clue what that word meant but has stuck with me ever since, Spam, no thanks, pass me the sardines and vienna's.

Quote Originally Posted by shacked View Post
    Spam, no thanks, pass me the sardines and vienna's.
    SPAM Ingredients:
    • Chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added.
    • Salt (for binding, flavour, and firmness)
    • Water (to help in mixing)
    • Sugar (for flavour)
    • Sodium Nitrite (for colour and as a preservative)
    Looks pretty straightforward and understandable.

Here we have your Vienna Sausage ingredients:

Armour Vienna sausages are made from "mechanically deboned" chicken, pork AND beef.

Wow! How can pork shoulder and ham compete with mechanically deboned chicken, pork and beef.

Can't argue with sardines, in spite of watching how they are processed in the bowels of factory ships somewhere out art sea.
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 08-18-2008 at 01:55 AM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread