+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Spouses?

Okay Mark, you mention "wife of 38 years" but then you show us a picture of some young good looking gal who can't even be 30 yet. Is that your daughter?

Hey there Mantis,
    Your post/reply too will "accidentally".........
    Thanks

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

my gf/wife was with me for three of the 78 days on the river this year, she outfished me every time, and i loved it. we work opposite shifts, or it would have been more.

Good thread indeed !! My wife of 45 years started out watching, knitting (river or streamside)--then about 20 years ago started to "join the fray." She took some casting lessons, did a bit of fly tying. and went to a seminar, Reel Women, in Montana--with 6 other women, It's been an equal partnership ever since. We spend our summers in Bozeman so almost all of our days on the Yellowstone, the Gallatin,and the Madison are the two of us. A wonderful way to spend a lot of our time during the "golden years"----as she admires some pictures of a couple of 23 inch rainbows from this last summer !!!!

My lady loves to fish, but I lose her in the summer heat, so we fish together in spring and fall. She has asked to learn fly fishing, and I am looking foward to teaching her!

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:8d47a]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:8d47a]

Thanks Betty,
    Check your email.
    God Bless,

------------------
    He Knocks. You Only Have To Ask.
    Joe

she loves to fish so much that she wants me to be sure we can do some fishing on our honymoon.

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Funny this post came up today. Mine is mad at me right now because at the end of Oct, I will be fishing for a week without her, because she does not have any vacation time coming and I do. I also fished last night without her because she is recovering from the flu. I only fished after the Seahawk game was over and only for about 4 hours on a local lake. She should be over it this weekend if not sooner, since we once again will be fishing the salt together this weekend chasing the mighty Coho. Though she may still be a little upset since I will not be home Holloween weekend and she will have to go to the party at a freinds house by herself.
    So far this year she has fished with me about 50 days or so and I have fished about 10 days with out her. There is still alot of fishing left to do still this year as well.
    We meet through freinds because they felt we should meet because all either of us ever talked about was fishing, her on jigs and a spin rod and me with the fly rod. She has switched over to fly now herself.

My wife of 6 years and I spent a week in Sekiu fishing for silvers for our aniversary. Camped on the Solduc river, spent the daylight hours out in our boat. She is always willing to go with me, and has no problem with me going on my own if she doesnt want to go. Our anniversary present to each other this year was the trip. We got married in September for the sole reason of taking a fishing trip for our anniversaries. I have some other friends that I go fishing with, but they only get the call when my wife doesnt want to go. I would rather go with her than anyone else. We spent the morning in our boat out near Nisqually this weekend, and despite the fact that the fly rod reel seat seized, and I couldnt even rig the fly rod, we had a good time.

Have fun, Jeff

------------------
    Tis my time on the water, in the mountains, and in my driftboat where I can see things as they really are.

I'm lucky to have a husband, much less one who loves flyfishing as much as I do. Sometimes he's glad I'm fishing with one of our buddies instead of him because I can get pretty growly if I'm not catching any fish.

+ Reply to Thread