+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Crawdad/Crayfish Swap

As we had someone drop out, I'm going to tie a second fly so that everyone will receive the same amount of flies they sent in. It's going to be somewhat experimental, but sound in design, it's going to be a a crawdad based on the version of the Chillipepper that we've modified to tie similar to a Matt's Bug, however with claws and antennae. Do you have a preference for size, 4, 6, or 8? I think it will catch a great many smallies.

Let me know what you think,

Michael

Blog Entries

Michael,
    I would prefer #8.
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Default Mighty Nice...

of you Michael. Above and beyond the call I'd say. Size 8 is also fine with me.

You set the bar for swap meisters.

A size 8 would be fine with me also. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

I'll tie the Chillibug Craw in size 8 on 4xl hooks, unless I can find my stash of salmon fly hooks in that size then I'll use those instead.

Everyone's flies have arrived or have been placed in the care of USPS and are making their way to Texas. Thanks for keeping me updated on your statuses.

Anyone want to do a photo swap at a later date on fish caught on the flies from this swap? I don't think I've seen that done.

Something to think about,

Michael

RDL -- your flies arrived in today's mail. I'm expecting to receive the last set tomorrow or Saturday, once that's done I'll sort and package the flies, as well as photograph them. Hopefully they'll be back in the mail on Monday.

Michael

Blog Entries

Michael,
    The photo swap idea sounds good to me. Toby and I were talking about a trip to the Elk River in chat last night.
    Steve
    Will Rogers

Steve,

Let me know when you want to do that Elk River trip... I think I can get a couple of others from here to join us.

Michael

All the flies have been received, sorted and repacked. They will be mailed tomorrow on my lunch hour. I should have time to photograph the flies and get them online by Thursday. It is a good set of flies. Thank you for participating in the swap. Let me know when the flies arrive in your mail box. Don't forget there is an open invitation to post pictures of fish caught with these flies.

Michael

Blog Entries

Michael,
    The Elk River trip depends on toby's work schedule. We are looking at sometime in September. I'll let you know when we have a definate date.
    Steve
    Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread