+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this really work...

Default Does this really work...

I saw a very realistic egg pattern today (and an egg sucking leech)and I wondered if it was too good to be true.

The eggs were made from hot glue (formed into shape by rotating the vice as the glue dried - like glass blowing) coloured with marker. The effect is realistic, but do they work? They look awesome!!!

Anyone use these or know if they work?

Yes they do work and you can buy the different color hot glue.

------------------

Bill

Where do you purchase the coloured hot glue? I'd love to pick some up!

Thanks

Check TCO FLYSHOP,they are one of our sponsers, they carry lots of colors, I am in that shop weekly.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

I love to try new things. Take some out and let us know if it works.

I once took a piece of yarn and twisted it up and tied it on a hood to look like a worm. I took it out and the D*** thing wouldn't sink very good. I laughed my head off. Next time I'll tie on some led eyes and make it a worm with eyes and just pray that nobody sees me fishing with it.

Jargo,

I "tied" a few up and they look awesome...very realistic...I haven't fished them yet, but the salmon have started their run here, and the steelhead are just starting to move a little, too.

I'll try them and let you know how it goes.

FlyBug,

Thanks for the website. I checked out the glue sticks and the selection is great! Do you know if the cost is per glue stick or per pack of 10, 12, 20, etc.? Let me know.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the question "do these really work?" is referring to the egg sucking leech made with the hot glue.

Just FYI if it is possibly referring to jsut....does the egg sucking leech work....yes it does. You all probably already know that. But I used a purple egg sucking leech with the egg made of hot pink chenille...I didn't tie it...bought it locally. But it worked well. Fished a local lake and I probably missed 7 hits, hooked into 6 and caught 5 between 8am and 11am. Local president of fly club in boat....point being he is very good fisherman.....caught one. Next time I used it on a lake from shore got nothing. But that day in the boat the egg sucking leech worked really well for me.

Therefore....thanks a lot for this subject and thread. I am all hot about egg sucking leeches now and sure glad to read this. I really wanna try the hot glue thing. Can't wait to see how well they do.

Thanks a lot to Andrew for the post and thanks to all for the replies. I printing this one for my files.

Gratefully,
    Gem

Andrew,
    If you can, post a picture of some you've tied up. I'd like to see how they've turned out.
    I've never tied nor fished the pattern and wonder if they would work on the lakes around K.C., MO. Might be worth a try.

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Andrew;
    A friend of my produces the "Mag Egg" here in Evart. They are a very soft platic and come in day glow orange as well as 2 or 3 sizes. I've tied some Salmon flies for others with them. Just run the hook through the egg and tye on whatever you want.

MOturkE

If you can direct me to the instructions as to how to post a picture on this site, I'd be glad to share a photo or two.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread