+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Leaders

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    There are green and red ones also. Yup the yellow ones are the snap-on type.
    nope! looks like the yellow ones twist on also

http://www.streamsideflyfishing.com/l2lreconnect.html

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scientific_Anglers/Fly-Fishing/Products/L2LReconnect/Leaders/TroutPanfishTapered/

click on "l2l reconnect leaders" on the left side of this page, click the leaders on the left and then see the chart at the bottom of the page for color codes
    Last edited by Normand; 06-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Default Leader Links are better.

Quote Originally Posted by mickalo View Post
    Morning,

Has anyone used these SA L2L reconnect line end connector kits? Was thinking on trying these ... tying knots have never been my strong point, and thought these might work nicely, plus they act as a strike indicator

Mike
    Mike,
    Buy some EAGLE CLAW brand of Leader Links. I believe you'll like them far better. I certainly did when I used mono leaders. (Don't get the wrong brand of L. Links tho...Eagle Claw won't break like the others do)

Jeremy....who could give a rip about getting flamed.

Jeremy, where did you come across these Leader Links by the way?

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Morning,

Has anyone used these SA L2L reconnect line end connector kits? Was thinking on trying these ... tying knots have never been my strong point, and thought these might work nicely, plus they act as a strike indicator

Mike
    Gander Mountain sells a connector that works really well for me. They look like a grain of plastic rice with a slot in them and a hole going through them the long way. One end of your fly line goes in the hole and out the slot where you just tie an overhand knot trim the tag and pull the line tight. Take your leader and thread it through the hole on the other end and out the slot. Tie a clinch knot trim the tag and pull the line and leader until both knots are inside the connector's slot. It makes an almost seamless connection and turns the leader over as if it were part of your fly line. Eagle claw makes one just like it called a leader-link. E-Hille carries the same one as Gander Mountain and they can be purchased on-line from them. I have used these for years and love them.

I'm not sure if Eagle claw still makes them.
    I had put my order in at E-Hille for the Eagle Claw leader links and they sent me a different brand. I always used the EC brand and haven't tried these others to see if they break or not.

I think you guys are missing the point of the L2L leaders. If you need a new leader because the old one got messed up or want a different strength or size of leader all you do is twist the connector, remove the old leader and twist on a new leader. It's that easy. No knots to tie, no B.S. .
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Normand Guest

thus the operative word here is "RECONNECT"

Default ? about L2L

Are they something that I can install new leaders to when I get home, or am I commited to buying new ones everytime the leader is worn out,too short,etc. Thanks
    Kev

Normand Guest

if they get too short just add new tippet just like you would do with a tapered leader

if you wear them out by abusing them just buy a new leader

check out the links that have been posted for more info

Jeremy, where did you come across these Leader Links by the way?

Mike
    Mike..here you go...

http://www.fishindog.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=757

They seem to be getting scarce.

Jeremy.

+ Reply to Thread