+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: float tube question

Default float tube question

Do any of you have experience with the T.U Togiak float tube? I am pondering purchasing one but have not gotten to talk with anyone who has one. lemme know what you think.

fish
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

here's a link to some reviews of the togiak: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...oductid=315392.

if i were you, i'd spend $20 more bucks and get the outcast fishcat 4. has a 5 year warranty.

This topic has come up on A LOT of forums and the one tube that keeps coming up is the Outcast Fishcat. (4, Fat Cat, Super FC, etc...)

I have the FC4 an love it!

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Josho View Post
    This topic has come up on A LOT of forums and the one tube that keeps coming up is the Outcast Fishcat. (4, Fat Cat, Super FC, etc...)

I have the FC4 an love it!

Josh
    Me too, I did the homework.
    Glad I did
    I like th Fish Cat 4

DuFf

I spent just a little more than what I would have spent on a float tube and bought a small Outcast pontoon boat. I spent $250 on the Oncilla and I have my rear out of the water and it is a nice boat. http://cgi.ebay.com/Outcast-ONCILLA-...QQcmdZViewItem
    5 year warranty and a real chair to sit in. Comes with an achor system too. You have to buy the anchor, but the pully system is installed. Nice boat for still water. If you want to run the rapids, you will need to spend more, but for what I needed one for this was just the ticket. I find them safer too than a belly boat. They list at about $500 so this is a good deal. Same manufacturer as the FishCat series of belly boats.

Sierra Tradding post had some great buys on belly boats in the last week. I just checked their web site and they sold all of the ones that were 50% or more off already. Still check with the from time to time. They are kind of weird on their pricing. They will have something at a blow out price for just a couple of days and then raise the price as their inventory of that item lowers.

Rick

I had a SFC and it was good, then stepped up to the Freestyle H3, Better, and not the Navigator II by NFO and it doesn't get amy better than this. 9' long, fully inflatable meaning no frame. Rowable and Motorable, plus tons of room.

Plus comes with it's own back pack.

But then I have some real nice gear that I am not looking to lose, let alone, my life means to much to me.
    And lastly, I have turned over a new leaf, that none of my recreational gear will be from China if it is at all avoidable.

What Joni said..."Rowable and Motorable, plus tons of room."

The one Clay has is interesting...obviously it is designed for stillwater but the no motor platform let's me out....so for me it's....

Nav II or a float tube....Since I own a Super Fat Cat before the Nav II..... that's it but if I didn't have it I'd look closely at the H3.....price points can be an issue....I've got a buddy who is still fishing out of a Caddis that went for less than a C note.....but then he bought that one because a tube before that split out from under him

Did I mention I can carry the Nav II inside my minivan inflated ?

Default FC4 weight rating

I was looking at the FC4, but i had some concern about the weight rating of the tube. I weight about 210 stepping out of the shower, so dressed and carrying my gear, snacks, drinks, and a small anchor I would be awful close to that 250lb rating. Has this been an issue for anyone else?

fish
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

I used a fish cat 4 float tube several times last summer and weigh in around 215 and had no problems and have really enjoyed fishing from it.

Default About the Togiak

Quote Originally Posted by hugefish_80 View Post
    Do any of you have experience with the T.U Togiak float tube? I am pondering purchasing one but have not gotten to talk with anyone who has one. lemme know what you think.

fish
    OK. I'll answer your question:

I spent all day today floating in a Togiak. There are indeed many good features that are noteworthy:
    • 10 pounds!
    • 2 individual air bladders (urethane)
    • Lots of pockets
    • Nice seat
    • Pack straps
    • Lots of pockets
    • Large bladders float high on the water, thus lowering water resistance
    • Lots of storage
    • Easy entry/exit
    • Cargo area behind seat
    I really don't have any complaints regarding this tube. Sure there are a lot of different options, and many with desirable features. But speaking specifically regarding the Togiak, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread