+ Reply to Thread

Thread: St. Johns (NFLD) Brown trout

Default St. Johns (NFLD) Brown trout

Hello FAOLers
    A questions for NFLDers on the board or anyone familier with trout fishing on the Avolon.

I've fihed Browns right in St.Johns before, but his years (last week of July) I plan to fish rivers south of the city.
    I can use any help possible from anyone who fish the following Rivers: Bay Bulls River, Mobile River, River flowing into Witless Bay Lower Pond, Cape Broyle River and Aquaforte River.
    Which might be the best of the five rivers to fish?
    How to get to good fishing areas of these rivers? (I only have four days and so much water to cover)
    Some must need patterns to bring along?

I realize this time of year is not good for sea run trout, so we'll be fishing smaller hangashores and not looking for the lunkers from the salt.

Listen by' drop me an email, id be glad to fill you in, and even take you around a bit in the summer. I am originally from Peterborough ON, but reside on the avalon. From my experience from others witless bay holds the bigger ones. The avondale river isnt bad.

As for patterns id be happy to let you know. Drop me an email/pm and we can talk.

By the way, july is salmon season....

phil

Fresh Sea Trout were still running into July last year..........wouldn't plan a trip based on that thou.

Just a heads up, but you'll need a guide if you fish more than 800m from a road crossing for trout., and a guide for any salmon fishing
    Last edited by 126barnes; 05-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Oh ya, thanks barnes I forgot about that. I thought I was reading in the 2007 anglers guide, you either need a guide or a blood relative. But for certain fishing you need a guide.

Grant, there are some good members on here from the Rock that know plently more then I do, but I will be glad to give you all the info I have.

Phil, I sent you a PM (twice I think, the second one in error). I didn't see your e-mail address in your profile.
    Tks: Grant

Grant...if you venture to the West Coast, you've got a fishing buddy. If we have to arrange a guide for you, I can probably wrangle an appropriately qualified buddy of mine into doing that for us for an appropriate fee (a bottle of single malt usually does the trick )

Brad, tks for the offer. But, there is too much fishing to be done and too little time to squeeze it all in. I will make it as far as New World Island and I'll be doing some fishing around the Gander Bay area. Good brook trout and Ounincihe country.

If you're ever in Thunder Bay look me up...

-Grant

Brad you know Ill be out your way in June I think. Ill bring a bottle of single ...... You've already offered, so its too late now

phil

+ Reply to Thread