+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Vest opinions

i use the filson shelter cloth strap vest. nice and cool and made in the USA!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Justice League Guest

I have had one of years and love it. Would not use any thing else

Definatly pesonal preference my wife gave last b-day cabela"s 3 in 1 vest so far I like it over my conventional vest explore all the options!
    Flyfisher121

Default Vests

I used the Fishpond Gore Range last season and I loved it. I picked the Gore Range over other Fishpond products because I wanted vertical pockets and because the Gore Range did not have the hard shell fold down tray. I thought that the hard shells stuck out farther than the soft shells on my Gore Range. I wear mine over a .44 in a chest holster and I still don't feel like it is in my way.

I prefer the C&F fly inserts to the Fishpond model, so I removed the Fishpond inserts and put velcro in the fold down trays and on the C&F fly insert and use them instead. I have one for dry flies and nymphs on one side and one for streamers on the other.

I also use the Simms Master Vertical Vest and the Simms Mess vest. Which one I will use depends on the type of fishing. The Gore Range is especially good for fishing streamers, nymphs, and egg imitations. I use the Simms a lot for stillwater fishing.

I just added the Fishpond Waterdance (20% off) for lake shore fishing and added the Fishpond Wastach (30% off) over the winter for hike in grayling trips.

I think that Fishpond products are very well made and very functional.

+ Reply to Thread