+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterford

Default Waterford

A little morning pre-work fishing.............sorry for the crappy phone pic

Last edited by 126barnes; 03-24-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Great way to spend time before work. Very nice fish! Looks a bit chilly though.

REE

Default Phone Camera???

Hey Ron, At least you remembered that there is a camera on your phone!!
    When I met tnriverman last fall on the Snake near Jakson Hole, both of us forgot about that phone camera thing until his wife reminded us of them. Of course we were done fishing by then.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Very nice!!!

I haventbeen able to get down there in over a week. What did you take er on?

Keep them comming!!!!

Phil

Talking Phone photos

For 6 months all of my fishy photos were on my phone. I was too cheap/poor to buy anything that wouldnt directly help me catch fish!! My whining about needing a camera eventually netted me one for christmas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Tyer View Post
    Very nice!!!

I haventbeen able to get down there in over a week. What did you take er on?

Keep them comming!!!!

Phil
    bh caddis larva

Blog Entries

Default that river just makes it so easy to have a quick flick!!!

Nice to see you guys posting your pics. I have a great respect for fly fishing and the conservation spinn-off benifits of it. We're very lucky to have that productive little river.....Catch and release, no bait fly fising will help make sure it stays that way! I use barbless as well. Not trying to come off preechy but they're not worth eating and the river is very accesible. This makes it the perfect recreational river.

I've seen some pretty pore fishing practices there lately that will for sure have a negitive impact on fish stocks.

Opinions, comments, concerns???

I always pinch down the barbson my hooks. What sort of things have you seen there?

I always fish c&r, and the waterford is definatly not a keep worthy water system, at least from my opinion. What other systems around St. John's do you fish newfie? and barnes? What water do you fish where you can keep the fish?

Thanks,

Just started fishing city water this year I have and intend to keep a 100% C&R rate on city waters.

Doesn't make any since to me not to pinch barbs on a C&R river....eatting a fish out of the waterford doesn't do much for me.

I haven't seen anything out of the way so far this year.....with 20 fishing days since Feb 1st. Handling and releasing of fish is a little rough at times but atleast they are going back. I haven't seen any one bonk a fish there yet but only the hard core guys are fishing at this time of year for the most part.

I've had a flick at the Gut and Rennie's so far in the city but fish the waterford normally. Had a go at Kelligrew's and Topsail beach outside st. john's.

+ Reply to Thread