+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threadmaster Finish

The TM Lite is good stuff ... excellent light refraction, great bubble release, good penetration, nice leveling, etc.

The regular formula is TOUGH to work with IMO, due to a heavy viscosity. I live in Tampa and still didn't have satisfactory results without using heat directly on the wraps ... not my cup of tea.

I have a sensitive nose and I do smell the TM products. Nothing like Permagloss or even Aftcote, but quite an odor just the same. It won't run you out of the house or even get you in trouble, however.

I use three finishes - Diamondite, TM Lite and Permagloss ... each for different reasons, but all are solid products IMO.

Default Great Work RDL

Very nice job RDL. If there's going to be a problem working in cool conditions I better return to the Flex Coat as my apartment heat is set at 65 degrees.

Hidehunter, Andy Dear is his name. Lamar Fishing is his company.Pretty good guy. I usually put both bottles in a coffee cup with hot water for a while. It thins it out good that way. You can also put it in the microwave for up to 20 seconds. Google up Threadmaster and there's a lot of sites and forums that will help you.

Blog Entries

Thanks RDL and RS1.. Also glad to hear from TampaJim that I'm not the only one with the problem. I've heard so many rave reviews I'd decided it was just me..

I just had 4 guides to put on two rods. I used FlexCoat on one TM on the other. Warmed them both a little over the register and had the finishing room up to about 76.

There is so much I like about the TM - except the viscosity. Seems like once I get it on and can get it leveled it works great. But the FC is just so much easier to work with to that point.

Had a friend that had issues with mixing on FC. I use the syringes and never had - but I like the idea of the "forgiveness" of the TM. I notice no real smell problems with either one and am pleased with the clarity.

I'm getting low on FC and have a "bunch" of TM left so I may try some practice wraps with the denatured alcohol. I'd love to have something right between FC and TM in viscosity.

Anyway - sorry to pounce on your thread LastChance -

goodluckandgoodfishing..g
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

+ Reply to Thread