+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a Peak!

Whoops sorry for the hijack..if I had found the deal you did on the Peak,,,I would have jumped on it too...really nice vise there!

drolfson,
    I just got a Peak a week ago as well and love it! Makes me wonder why I hadn't upgraded sooner! Looking forward to tying some big hair bass flies.

Started pouting like my 5 yr old when I had to put it away--we had visitors.

3. Default Peak Visse #1

For teh cost the Pak vise is an exceptional bargin. They are good folks to work with also. I bought one of their vises with the older style clamp (just one mounting hole), I called them and offered to purchase tthe newer clamp (the one with two moutning holes 1 for a vise the other ofr accessories), the offerd to trade for me. I sent the old style back and they did trade for me the newer style. Awesome people. the vise is great and I love it. A lot better than dropping a few hundred on another vise. I might do that later as I get better at tying, but I hope I really dont get that good, that it requires that much expense.

Yep, I like it! I just gotta work on my bodies and wings!

I acted like a 5yr old when it was time to put it away too.
    Don Rolfson

I have a new Peak vise on the way myself, thought it was time to put away the old Thompson vise, it has served me well.

Catman,

If you have an old Thompson, hang on to it. Never can tell when you might need a back up vise and that Thompson will last forever.

Congrats to all the new Peak owners out there. Several of the guys on the UK site I belong to have opted for the Peak over many really fine vises made in Europe. The quality is evident.

REE

Thumbs up

From a very satisfied PEAK owner - "You done good!" Keep the Thompson. I use the c clamp that came with my Thompson when I need a c clamp vise. (infrequently...I used to travel with it but now have a satchel that carries the pedestal et. al.)
    Nice people those people.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread