+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some

Default Need some

Need some help, hopefully one of you computer gurus can help.

I wanted to post some pics from last night's Lunar eclipse incase members missed the event due to weather or location, but for the life of me I can't figure how to do it. I tried Attach files button but got a message that my file was too large. So how do I copy and paste the pics or how do I 'shrink' the picture file to fit?

Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

Can't help you figure it out cause I definitely do not have Computer Skills, But I down size my pictures to 450 or 500 then put them in a Photo Bucket.
    Here is what I found:

Photobucket has a link paste function with preset file size. What photo edit software do you have? Most will allow you to adjust and save the resized file for use in emails, webpages, .... . If you don't have a photo editor, use a freebie like picasa from Google.
    Last edited by TyroneFly; 02-22-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Fly Goddess,

Very nice photograph. What camera did you use?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

You did good Joni. Some day I'll have to figure out how to do that.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Fly Goddess,

Very nice photograph. What camera did you use?

Sorry, I didn't take the picture, I couldn't even see it through the clouds. I should have posted this. I got this from a friend and I am not sure if he took it or just found it somewhere. But, it sure made up for the fact I couldn't see it.

The old man has the Canon XT with all the filters and lenses and probably could have ....IF WE COULD HAVE SEEN IT!

I will do some checking and find out what was used.
    Last edited by Fly Goddess; 02-22-2008 at 02:13 AM.

If you're using Windows OS you can download a free picture resizing addition from Windows or from places like Freedownloads.com. Once you have that installed on your PC then you can just right-click on the photo and scroll down to "resize." You can choose how large you want it that way and then size it to fit here as an attachment. One word of caution--attachments here are pretty small and may not do justice to your pictures.

The best way (IMO) to post a picture is to upload it to a free on-line photo hosting website (most people mention photobucket.com). Once you have it uploaded, you can then copy a code from that website and paste it into your message here. That way you can post pictures that are not lower quality/smaller than what the shot was taken with.
    Leave No Trace

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Absolutely Awesome

Fly Goddess,

The photo is just amazing. You most have some really fine photographic equipment. The is definitely the same moon that I was looking at. 8T

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Red face Didn't read all the comments before I posted

Fly Goddess,

Just read that you didn't take the picture. NEVER MIND! I was impulsive! 8T

+ Reply to Thread