+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info please on ff the Sacramento Delta

Question Info please on ff the Sacramento Delta

Last month at the ISE show in San Mateo I watched Dan Blanton's video show on fishing the Sacramento Delta. I would like to learn more about ff the Sacramento Delta and perhaps take a guided trip with Dan someday. Recommendations on websites and books regarding ff the Sacramento Delta would be greatly appreciated.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

How about.... http://www.danblanton.com/

also you might check out www.ncffb.org I know a lot of those folks fish the delta.

DG

Dan's website is the best source and many of the board regulars are Bay Area local and are great about providing technical information with no BS. There is also some guide references on the site for several excellent guides, in addition to Dan. There have been several posts there in the last few days and weeks from anglers looking for info on getting started in that fishery.

You should also talk to the people at Flyfishing Specialties in Los Gatos or Fish First! up in Albany (next to Berkley)

The California striper fishery is pretty much ignored by books on striper fishing. Dan has a book on California waters that has a chapter on the delta. California Fly Fisher magazine will occasionally have articles.

I love that fishery and usually make a couple of trips up there a year for a few days of angling, though I have had to cancel my trips over the last two years for job related reasons.

Thanks for the info guys. Dan's website I knew about and I am one of those who posted recently inquiring of ff the Delta.

Flyfishing specialities is less than 2 miles from my home. Dan frequents there from time to time. He is a good guy!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I saw some articles in Fly Fisherman Magazine you might read. Here is a link to them. John

http://www.flyfisherman.com/southwest/
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Hey John,

I read that article not too long ago. I would have never thought CA to be a LMB haven.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

20 of the biggest 25 largemouth bass caught have come from California waters. The delta waters are one of the best bass fisheries in the the west and kick out many double digit bass every year, including some for fly anglers.

I am originally from CA. I used to fish for LMB most of the time. I beleived CA will produce the next world record. They have some hugh LMB out there. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

You might want to visit Kiene.com Bill Kiene's shop is in Sac and next to FAOL, I visit his BB very regularly. Bill's been in outdoor sports for some time and has a quality site. The BB has a very civil group of posters and your questions will often produce quality responses.
    Quinn

Thank's Wednesday Caster. Next time I visit my brother in Folsom, CA I'll have to stop by and check them out.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread