+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Flyfisher onboard... Mods plz Help

Default New Flyfisher onboard... Mods plz Help

Well aside from getting a big wind knot on my user name (mods can you take off the @yahoo.com) I stumbled across your site in search of a board more dedicated to Fly Fishing... hope I found Utopia. I live outside of Portland OR, it's not home but it'll do for now. Long story made short, I'm in the Army just got back from Afghanistan (of course I took a rod didn't get to use it) yes there is fishable water there up in the North with VIRGIN fish, Browns to be exact. Also leave for Iraq in about 1 yr, I have the whole package i.e. wife, kids, dog, boats, etc... just don't get the time to use it like I want. I did just spend the weekend on a few awesome creeks deep in the woods of the Pacific Coast hunting for the elusive steelhead, saw more than a few heading toward other fishers trucks, just not mine, the key is first in gets the fish... I was just 1 guy behind all day, the Creeks were "Big Cr", "Gnat Cr", and the "Klaskanine Cr" all are small but great water mostly pocket water and tail outs. I look forward to a great exchange of info and or the occasional trade of gear. Best of luck on your next venture....

thankyou for keeping America safe ,hope you get the chance to fish while youre state side

WELCOME, rlh and THANK YOU, for your service to our country!
    Personally, but it'll be YOUR final, decision of course but if you've been looking for the BEST site on the WWW for "flyfishing and like minded folks", you should have found it, HERE at FAOL!
    It's VERY possible, also, that I may have been, one of the "fishermen that showed up, just ahead of you", as you put it, when you hit either "Gnat, Big, and/or, Klaskanine"!?!
    I live just north of Seaside and right below, Astoria and I fish those 3 streams many times each month! Gnat's a great, Metalhead stream and so is Big Creek, but Big is more "notorious", locally, for Sea Run Cutts and Rainbow. "The Klats", holds all 3 species.
    I don't want to give away "any secrets" to anyone on these boards, about the "great, hidden, fishing" we have here on the coast, so please don't TELL anyone,here at FAOL, that I've told you these things, okay? Good, thanks!
    I hope, you find what you're looking for, here at FAOL. Again, welcome and just "jump right on in", it's the BEST WAY to get aquinted with everyone!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

rlh,
    Thank you for your service to our Country! Welcome to the FAOL BB!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Thank you for your work!

As for the name, Since you have only made 1 post you may want to just create a new profile with the new name and then post a message here saying that "rlh_airborne@yahoo.com is back under the name rlh_airborne." If it bothers you that is.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

welcome and a BIG thank you for your service. i have a cousin serving over there and he is a big fly fisherman too! anyway ive been on this site for almost a year and it is the best. ive made some great friends and also found some great deals on equipment. anyway im sure you will find out how wonderful these guys and gals are! best wishes.....

I can try. The first time you registered I did not allow you, hoping that you would see that you used your email for your name. When you came right back and did it again,,, well, figured that was what you wanted. ")

Thanks for the good job that you men and women are doing under less than ideal working circumstances.

I did a simple google search under steelhead and found some more specific sites for you to check out:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=STEELHEAD+FORUM

This is a nice place to visit too. I've only fished them once when the big salmon were running and hooked a couple of fish but didn't land anything. Looking forward to the steelhead in the spring in Wis. Finding the fish and the location of fish is more than half the battle. I understand that egg patterns are popular. I fish mostly small spring creeks myself, but have two 7 wt rods and an 8wt and look forward to putting them through their paces soon.

Do you have some specific questions that others that are more experienced than I can address? Again, nice to see you on the board.

Rick

WELCOME HOME and to FAOL
    THANK YOU for YOUR SERVICE
    Anything we can do or help you with just ask, But watch out for some of these "Guys" they will start to lead you down a Dark and Winding Path. Won't name names but you will know them by their responses.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up This is the place!

Hi RLH,

You found the right place. Good people, good advice and a friendly atmosphere. Let us hear from your regularly. 8T

+ Reply to Thread