+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Needs Help

1. Smile

Sib,
    You have a Garcia Conolon 8' 5 wgt. I have one of those also. My daughter calls it-her broomstick. I didn't think anybody had one of these except me. I learned how to fly cast with that rod. I had thought about selling it. Isn't it wonderful that we have this bulletin board so we can find friends who have similiar rods like we do? I honestly thought I was the only individual in America who had one of these. I wonder what "their going price" would be on E-Bay.

I don't own the SAGE Launch but did use one for almost month on a long trip.

I don't know that I have felt a rod load as smooth or as evenly. For the price.

For a beginning caster or one thats experienced all tho not a great caster. (speaking about myself there) I could certainly offer a recommendation for one.

Lifetime warranty, And made in the USA

Should really get out and cast as many as possible and try to buy the best size rod to suit your needs.

Good luck

JJ
    Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough."

Member Ozark Fly Fishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

Default Scott G

I picked up a Scott G 8'4" 5 weight 5 pc rod. It is fantastic and very packable. I paid less than $350 on ebay.

I love it. Good luck.

I ordered 6 rods from Bob Marriots earlier in the year and received 5 of them, one was already sold out. I have bought from Sierra Trading Post as well. I hate to pay retail. Check out the BM link to see what is still available: http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingsto...ategoryID=8686

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post

For a beginning caster or one thats experienced all tho not a great caster. (speaking about myself there) I could certainly offer a recommendation for one.

Should really get out and cast as many as possible and try to buy the best size rod to suit your needs.

Good luck

JJ
    i couldn't argee with you more jjtroutbum
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

Quote Originally Posted by wcu boy View Post
    Sib,
    You have a Garcia Conolon 8' 5 wgt. I have one of those also. My daughter calls it-her broomstick. I didn't think anybody had one of these except me. I learned how to fly cast with that rod. I had thought about selling it. Isn't it wonderful that we have this bulletin board so we can find friends who have similiar rods like we do? I honestly thought I was the only individual in America who had one of these. I wonder what "their going price" would be on E-Bay.

Yeah, I agree.

I don't think they command much money on E-bay
    To me it's quite valuable, though.

I bought that puppy when I was 16 - my first flyrod.
    Electric blue 2 piece - full wells grip - downlocking blue anodized reel seat.
    After I changed careers, I did not flyfish for 25 years - two years of fulltime work PLUS fulltime school, then I lived in Manhattan for about 8 years. I started back up FFing in 2000 after living in NJ for 14+ years.

All that I can say about it is that I didn't really know what a gem it was (is).
    I still fish it but it's about time to have the guides replaced.
    That's why I bought the Orvis Far and Fine - it's close to, but not nearly as slow as the Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post

Good luck

JJ
    My primary fly rod is my first fly rod - a Sage Launch. I haven't felt a need to move up to anything more expensive yet. It took me five minutes to learn to cast using it. Really good rod for the money.

+ Reply to Thread