+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Blog Entries

Default Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to take the time to wish all of you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, and pro$perous New Year! (Although.. 'prosperous' doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things compared to 'health'.)
    I've been fishing for 7 years now. Both fly and spin fishing...and flyfishing means so much more to me. I love both kinds. But fly fishing seems such a natural and more sporting way to fish.
    There's something about standing in the middle of God's beautiful creation, and tempting a fellow creature,who lives its life unfettered by the things in life WE are bound by; by taking a piece of bent metal...dressed with fur and feather...into something...SOMETHING...which resembles something it would eat; and the satisfaction which comes along with the catching of that beautiful creature, be it sunfish, chub, bass, trout, or salmon, with a fly made of your own two hands! And I don't care how big the fish is!
    Flyfishing really is an all-emcompassing experience. Catching sure is great, but everything else which goes along with it makes it all that much better.

I love music so much. I've spent -and still spend- my life pursuing it. But the joy, solitude and peace I get from fishing.... I can't describe.
    I truly hope you all feel the way I do.

To you all, peace.

Sincerely,
    Larry 'Bad Luck' Ioannidis

Default Re: Merry Christmas!

Larry,
    I don't know how it could be said better than you just did. Our passion of fly fishing seems to be sheer simplicity that is impossible to master.
    Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you as well.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

A (((VERY)))) Merry Christmas and entire, Holiday Season to you and your, family, BBL! And, thank you, also for your wishes to all of us!
    I, too, started out in this sport/religion/hobby/obsession/art/love.......... by still pursuing both, spin and fly. But, when I began to really realize, that I loved being out there, fly fishing, MORE each time than with a spinning outfit, I finally closeted the spinning gear entirely and for good.

I simply came to the realization that; "If I have time to be out here, fishing......... I'm not going to waste it, by spin fishing!". Of course, like anything said on these fun boards, this is strictly MY OWN, PERSONAL view point and opinions!!
    Quite a few, of the fly fishers I know, when they're out "meat hunting" turn to to their spinning gear and that's "fine with me, if it's fine with them", so to speak!! I just simply no longer enjoy spin fishing. NOT, when I can fly fish the same waters.

Anyhooooooo, again, A VERY MERRY HOLIDAY SEASON to you and your loved ones!!

Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Larry thanks for that , You nailed it my friend. I feel about the same as you do about Christmas and the folks on this wonderful site.

I was stationed on an isolated Island for about 10 years. We had to order everything including our food from Eaton?s or Simpson?s Sears catalogues . Then it was a 6-8 week wait for it to arrive on our tiny island. Freight day was a huge event not to be missed. For ten long years I missed not having a store to shop at or new people to talk to.
    That?s part of why I love this time of year, I love the crowds even love the traffic. Yesterday on an outing my wife nudged me and pointed to a young boy as He walked hand and hand with His Dad thru the snow. His Dad was explaining about reindeer to him and how magic ones could fly. The little guys eyes were big with wonder and delight. My wife and I shared a smile as we listened in.
    We watched the neighbourhood kids making snow angels and snow men. They were happily running around chasing each other and squealing with laughter, how wonderful us old folks were allowed to watch.
    We stopped to watch a snowball fight at a public park. Suddenly a frosty missile flew by my head. Several of the combatants grabbed for more snow to pelt us with. My reaction was to get the heck out of there but before I could even retreat a young girl shrilly called out to Her friends ?Hey you dummies stop that can?t you see He?s got a cane?? apparently that made the two of us off limits. I?m sure somewhere in the dim past of yesteryear I had forgotten that rule but every child there Gnu it and so I was saved. My wife looked at me an said you were gonna run weren't you. I just grinned back and said Baby you were dead meat till the cane rule kicked in and saved yer butt. She hit me with a snowball to the delight of the children.

At the mall I am like a kid in a candy store. I love the hustle and bustle the smells and the reminders everywhere of Christmases past. Everywhere I look something reminds me of my childhood Christmas. From familiar toys I had or my Kids had when they were small, the trees lit up and rows of toys waiting to be bought.

I love the bite of snow in the air the Music of Christmas, and the smells of Christmas. I love visiting with friends and family at this time of Year sharing in on the wonderful goings on.

Most of all I love that this is the Season that my Precious Jesus was born . I sometimes have to remind myself of that through all this hustle and bustle. I am humbled to know that the reason for all of my joy is He who was born that day.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Happy Christmas!!!

http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/pic...atchforice.jpg

Sorry, I been trying to get a link to work and it won't, oh well..

lol HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

This picture is worth the time to copy and paste!

Looks like a lot of us in the midwest this past few days!!

Thanks, Tim!! And a Merry, merry Christmas to you too!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    Larry thanks for that , You nailed it my friend. I feel about the same as you do about Christmas and the folks on this wonderful site.

I was stationed on an isolated Island for about 10 years. We had to order everything including our food from Eaton?s or Simpson?s Sears catalogues . Then it was a 6-8 week wait for it to arrive on our tiny island. Freight day was a huge event not to be missed. For ten long years I missed not having a store to shop at or new people to talk to.
    That?s part of why I love this time of year, I love the crowds even love the traffic. Yesterday on an outing my wife nudged me and pointed to a young boy as He walked hand and hand with His Dad thru the snow. His Dad was explaining about reindeer to him and how magic ones could fly. The little guys eyes were big with wonder and delight. My wife and I shared a smile as we listened in.
    We watched the neighbourhood kids making snow angels and snow men. They were happily running around chasing each other and squealing with laughter, how wonderful us old folks were allowed to watch.
    We stopped to watch a snowball fight at a public park. Suddenly a frosty missile flew by my head. Several of the combatants grabbed for more snow to pelt us with. My reaction was to get the heck out of there but before I could even retreat a young girl shrilly called out to Her friends ?Hey you dummies stop that can?t you see He?s got a cane?? apparently that made the two of us off limits. I?m sure somewhere in the dim past of yesteryear I had forgotten that rule but every child there Gnu it and so I was saved. My wife looked at me an said you were gonna run weren't you. I just grinned back and said Baby you were dead meat till the cane rule kicked in and saved yer butt. She hit me with a snowball to the delight of the children.

At the mall I am like a kid in a candy store. I love the hustle and bustle the smells and the reminders everywhere of Christmases past. Everywhere I look something reminds me of my childhood Christmas. From familiar toys I had or my Kids had when they were small, the trees lit up and rows of toys waiting to be bought.

I love the bite of snow in the air the Music of Christmas, and the smells of Christmas. I love visiting with friends and family at this time of Year sharing in on the wonderful goings on.

Most of all I love that this is the Season that my Precious Jesus was born . I sometimes have to remind myself of that through all this hustle and bustle. I am humbled to know that the reason for all of my joy is He who was born that day.

^^^^ WOW, thanks........beautiful

Merry Christmas All
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

+ Reply to Thread