+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Any Musicians Here?

Default Re: OT - Any Musicians Here?

Quote Originally Posted by 92Esquire
    Quote Originally Posted by kgarland
    ... chicks dig guys that play guitar...

THAT IS A LIE! Straighten your kid out! I believed that lie and look at me now - a room full of amps and guitars, much poorer and missing out on a whole lot of sleep. Here's the way I saw it work out after years of bands:

Women really want the lead singer. However, the lead singer is WAY too into himself to notice.
    The guitarists are PO'ed because all the women want the singer. They end up staying with the keg after the women leave.
    The bass player loads up the gear early (he's in the band because he has the van) and heads home to his wife.
    The drummer ends up with the women who wanted the singer in the first place.

Get your son into percussion - THEY are the ones who end up with the chicks!
    Simple solution if you want to stick to the strings: play acoustic and take voice lessons. Melts em all every time.
    Leave No Trace

I played Bass AND Sang....so I left early with the chicks....in my van!
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

I play Bass, bookings and Synth Keys, plus write lyrics for our originals....oh yeah I am the lead singer also.
    www.bluedeville.com We play anything from John Mellencamp to Metallica. Vocally I can sing Steve Nicks, Melissa Etheridge and turn around and sing AC/DC (old and new), plus do a killer job on MENTAL HEALTH.
    Definitely not your Foo, Foo girly voice...more like gargling razor blades, but to play bass and sing on a couple of these really takes brain splitting ability. LOL

Booked up through the rest of the year, but I am getting worn out.

I was gonna stay out of this thread, but the posts about drummers got me. I'm a drummer and lead singer, along with everyone else in our group (Buffalo Heart). We usually sing Lakota and Dakota songs, but manage a few Cree and Blackfoot songs as well. As far as the drummer getting the girls..How do you think I met VEE?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Played clarinet and saxophone thru high school and college. Trios, big band, marching band, symphony etc. Good technically (could play as written). No ad lib ability and no ear. Fly Goddess, do you make that sheep baaaing sound when doing Stevie Nix?

Wow, Joni! I've NEVER heard a better Joplin voice! When I first listed to Cadillac Attack I could've sworn it was her on the mike. Dude, what is up with BZ too?! I'm listening to the longer solo in Just Don't and he's shredding man!

I can see why SLC digs you guys!
    Leave No Trace

Lansford PA. Not far from the Lehigh River

Quote Originally Posted by Wild One
    Wow, Joni! I've NEVER heard a better Joplin voice! When I first listed to Cadillac Attack I could've sworn it was her on the mike. Dude, what is up with BZ too?! I'm listening to the longer solo in Just Don't and he's shredding man!

I can see why SLC digs you guys!

I play guitar for my own enjoyment and jam with a few buddies every now and then.
    My electrics are -
    Carvin CT6M (gorgeous axe!!)
    Carvin Bolt (i bought as a kit, painted and slapped together)
    Carvin Bolt T (with tremelo. same as above)
    Danelectro (12 string)
    I plug these into Carvin Belair 212 tube amp

Martin 000X1 Acoustic with Fishman pickup and plugged into an Ultrasound amp

Thanks WILD ONE. Working on our new CD that will have that Janis flavor along with Plant and AC/DC.
    CARVIN! Man that stuff is awesome isn't it? I use a Carvin head and Hartkey Speakers. An Ibenez 5string Enduro. My guitar player uses nothing but Carvin guitars.

Lansford PA. Not far from the Lehigh River

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    Thanks WILD ONE. Working on our new CD that will have that Janis flavor along with Plant and AC/DC.
    CARVIN! Man that stuff is awesome isn't it? I use a Carvin head and Hartkey Speakers. An Ibenez 5string Enduro. My guitar player uses nothing but Carvin guitars.

Yeah yeah Fly Goddess, the Carvin stuff is TOPS in my book !!! They pay SO MUCH ATTENTION to detail, and their Customer Service is 2nd to none. Their Bolt Kit guitars were so easy to assemble, and everything fit to a T. Buying direct from them, saves a bundle of cash, too. Anyone that buys Carvin WILL NOT regret it, one bit.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I am a full-time professional musician and gig 4-6 times every week. I play mostly oldies and country. On Sundays, I do Gospel shows. I also play Big Band, Latin and Carribean if the job calls for it. I play several clubs, restaurants and recently retired from playing on Carnival Cruise Lines.

I play acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Dobro, dog-house bass, keyboard, piano, banjo, fiddle, harmonica, mandolin, percussion and clarinet.

I currently have a 2004 Martin D-15 Mahogany acoustic guitar, a 1969 Gibson ES-135 electric guitar, a DeArmond Ashbory Bass guitar, a Fender Precision 5-string bass guitar, a Dobro Hound Dog square-neck dobro, a Chandler RH-2 lap steel guitar, a Yamaha PSR 9000 Pro keyboard, a Deering Goodtime Special banjo, a Fender electric fiddle, Lee Oskar harmonicas in the keys of A, C, D, E, F, G, a Michael Kelly mandolin, bongos, congas and maracas and a Buffet clarinet. I play them all in my shows. I sequence the parts that other band members would play on the Yamaha, and I play the other instruments. The Yamaha even does vocal harmony by making 3 copies of my voice while I'm singing, and pitch shifting them to whatever chords I am playing on my guitar or keyboard. I don't need a band. I use a double Bose LT-1 PA system with double bass speakers.

My website is http://www.garageband.com/artist/joelclyde

My schedule is listed on the site if anyone is in town and wants to drop by. Most of the places I play at are family places, so children are OK.

+ Reply to Thread