+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Healthy & Happy (not ff)

Default Being Healthy & Happy (not ff)

My body has hurt like heck for many months. I had my blood test for Diabetes and it was negative. I finally changed my Diet, so I'm eating lots of vegetables, chicken and rice. Stopped drinking pop and now I drink diet green tea. (NO MORE EXCEDRIN!!!!!!!) My feet feel better and my head feels better. For my B-Day, my Sister scheduled a Massage for me. I was nervous, since I've never had a Massage. The Massage was great, but it showed how tight my muscles are. My poor feet and ankles have hurt like crazy for months! The MOST important info I received from the Masseuse was how to do stretching exercises. I have to stretch EVERY DAY!
    After preparing my first dinner from scratch (Ever) I can see how much better food tastes, FRESH!
    Learning new things is like having an impacted wisdom tooth pulled!!!!!
    So don't rest until you are on a Healthy Path!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Being Healthy & Happy (not ff)

Be careful Doug. Cooking can be almost as addictive as fly fishing and not a whole lot cheaper. Actually I think I cook more than I fish. I must go fishing again at the first opportunity and redress this imbalance.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

This is my first new smilie! A healthy purple fish!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug is using smilies from other places now???
    Look who finally joined the train Mr." Do you know how much time you wasted to put in that little green character?"

Check this one out!

Doug is

Sign me,,,Christopher the silly.

GO TEAM GO!!!!!!

Douglas;
    You are a hopeless case. You posted a great topic on health and well being and then Hi Jacked it after Jim's (rainbowchaser) response. I will make an attempt to return to your original thoughts. Jim's soups are to die, or kill for!! He is a very good cook!! (Also a great Grouse Hunter!! We've tread a few stream and wood togather)
    Have you tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for those joint pains? It is an organic compound found in health food stores that can help rebuild/lubricate joint tissues and has been proven to retard arthritus. It is made from shark and cow cartilage. It takes about 2 months for it to become effective. A 2 month supply will run from $19.00 to $26.00. My kid brother tipped me off to this a few years back. He had hip and ankle problems from hiking along the sides of hills (He's a Forest Ranger for the State of Idaho). After taking it for a couple of months his problems went away!
    I've also started the diet green tea and have a banana every day! Banana's may be better than any other fruit!
    Remember as we approach advanced age we must target diet and exersize as a means to overcome what age brings!
    Now go run up the stairs a few times!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise
    Douglas;
    You are a hopeless case. You posted a great topic on health and well being and then Hi Jacked it after Jim's (rainbowchaser) response. I will make an attempt to return to your original thoughts. Jim's soups are to die, or kill for!! He is a very good cook!! (Also a great Grouse Hunter!! We've tread a few stream and wood togather)
    Have you tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for those joint pains? It is an organic compound found in health food stores that can help rebuild/lubricate joint tissues and has been proven to retard arthritus. It is made from shark and cow cartilage. It takes about 2 months for it to become effective. A 2 month supply will run from $19.00 to $26.00. My kid brother tipped me off to this a few years back. He had hip and ankle problems from hiking along the sides of hills (He's a Forest Ranger for the State of Idaho). After taking it for a couple of months his problems went away!
    I've also started the diet green tea and have a banana every day! Banana's may be better than any other fruit!
    Remember as we approach advanced age we must target diet and exersize as a means to overcome what age brings!
    Now go run up the stairs a few times!!
    Jack,
    I understand that it was Columbus Day yesterday and Canada's Thanksgiving, BUT Where is my Glow In The DARK Furled Leader??????????? I've been BUMPING into the door casings!
    About my joint pain, The Lady that massaged me told me about STRETCHING my poor tight muscles, which, because I got in a terrible rut, I had forgotten about. The daily stretching is working wonders! I feel 53 instead of 54!
    Doug P.S. Yes I'm Hopeless!

Douglas;
    I will ignore your atempt to Re-Hi Jack this thread. Try the Clucosamine treatment along with the streatching and you may be 50 in a couple of months!!
    When you get your Glow in the Dark leader you may start another thread. This one is about getting healthy!! Slap, Slap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise
    Douglas;
    I will ignore your atempt to Re-Hi Jack this thread. Try the Clucosamine treatment along with the streatching and you may be 50 in a couple of months!!
    When you get your Glow in the Dark leader you may start another thread. This one is about getting healthy!! Slap, Slap!!
    Jack,
    I can actually TRAVEL back in TIME??? Is that HEALTHY??
    Thanks,
    Doug P. S. (Health in the right side>>>>>>>>)

Jack,
    The LAST thing I want to do is UPSET you by Hi-Jacking my OWN Post, so here is a medical, Doctor Joke for ya!!! A guy walks into a psychiatrist's office and says, "Doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains!" Come on now says the Doctor, "pull yourself together."
    Ya can't be mad about that can ya???
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread