+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tennessee Fish-In

Default Tennessee Fish-In

Wireguys post and the dry conditions he mentioned prompted me to report on our plans for a Tennessee Fish-In.
    We are in SEVERE DROUGHT conditions here. There has been no generation from Tim's Ford into the Elk River since June. They are just releasing enough to keep the down stream cities supplied. There are Trout in the fast water sections but the weeds are so thick that it's like rowing or wading through wet cement to get to them.
    The Duck River is too warm for trout and if they don't reduce the discharge from Normandy Lake by 50% the city of Tullahoma will be out of water by Febuary 2008!
    To say the least our home waters are nothing to show off right now.
    We are hopeful that we have a wet winter and conditions change for the better. This does not fair well for planning a full scale Fish-In in 2008 as most have already made their vacation plans.
    We are thinking of holding a Mini Fish-In much like the recent one (or 2) in Michigan. There are several members close enough to have a nice weekend gathering.
    Pray for rain!!

Default Re: Tennessee Fish-In

We're not fairing any better up here either Mr. Jack....I have not felt a need to so much cast my own shadow across any fish up here as even that will be more than most fish could stand about now...Hope others are keeping a distance as well...might try a bit of yaking on the local lake..san's fly rod though...just to get out on the water....Hope you boy's down south get some rain and send some our way too!!!!
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Blog Entries

Sunday morning the Corps actually spilled water out of Percy Priest Dam, not generation, but they actually opened up a floodgate. They have let almost no water out of P.P. Lake in months. I think that they are trying to flush some of the algae bloom down the Stones River and also out of the Cumberland, where Nashville gets its drinking water. MMMMMMmmmmm! Cumberland Punch! There ain't nothin' like it. (Thankfully.)

Ed

The South Holston is fishing well despite the lack of rain. TVA has used (IMHO) wise discretion in it's releases thus far, and the river has remained cold and has had decent hatches. If you are looking for a gathering destination, I would consider the SoHo. I haven't fished the mountain streams since June. I am getting that small stream Jones but have held back in honor of the trout. It has been tough all over. The tailwaters are surely a blessing during dry spells. Of course i have no room to complain as there are quite a few warmwater opportunities very close by!

AA
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

+ Reply to Thread