+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Music

Default Custom Music

I just completed the second stage of a 3 stage project, which will provide me with the BEST and most favorite songs from the past 40 years. The first stage was to write down (from my cable music stations) Songs, Artists and Dates. I ended up with about 200 songs, which took a few weeks to compile, one song at a time. Then I went online and searched for more songs and ended up with 347 songs. The second stage was to type all these songs up (double space) Artist-Song-Date. It ended up being 16 pages. Now with my Sons assistance, we are going to download the songs and burn them on blank CD's.
    This a very exciting experience for me and a lot of work and fun putting it together. There were some groups that weren't included, since I already have their greatest hits, Tom Petty, Credence Clearwater, Journey, Eagles, Steely Dan.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Custom Music

Doug: I kinda did the same thing except I got my music from friends and on line buys. Most of the CD's I bought from Overstock.com, copied them and either sold or gave away the originals. I ended up with 22 CD's of 25 songs each. Enough music to go from K Falls to Vegas to play the Pan Tourneys. Was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

I see our tastes are not the same. I am in the "Hank" class. Williams, Snow, Thompson, etc with my favorite a fellow named Slim Whitman (lol).

The Panman - Tim

It's not Heaven, though it may feel like Heaven to rock music purists. It's the Concert Vault, the world's greatest collection of vintage concert recordings.
    http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

It's incredible how many you can get on one CD if they are MP3's....

Quote Originally Posted by Panman
    Doug: I kinda did the same thing except I got my music from friends and on line buys. Most of the CD's I bought from Overstock.com, copied them and either sold or gave away the originals. I ended up with 22 CD's of 25 songs each. Enough music to go from K Falls to Vegas to play the Pan Tourneys. Was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

I see our tastes are not the same. I am in the "Hank" class. Williams, Snow, Thompson, etc with my favorite a fellow named Slim Whitman (lol).

The Panman - Tim
    Tim,
    Elvis was before my time, but "Little Sister" is my fav song of his. The early 60's not much, but when the Beatles came on the scene and rock exploded into the 70's, until now, is where my interests are. I am very picky! That is why I'm not an Album person, more individual song person. My all time favorite song is "Ricky Don't Lose That Number" by Steely Dan. Steely Dan was Jazz/Rock, amazing sound! I seem to have a wide range of interests, from soft rock to medium hard rock. Now that I finally have the best loudspeakers I've ever owned, it is a joy to listen to music!
    Ducksterman, The MP3 format is how were going to download the music.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I was a big Steely Dan fan myself Doug
    Fans of the Dan are known as "Steelheads" believe it or not
    About the time they came out of retirement (93?) as "The New York Rock & Soul Review" I went to see them play at a small club in NYC,
    Something I'll never forget
    They played as part of the band, "The Vivino Brothers and Friends"
    Jimmy Vivino is the guitar player on Conan O'Brien
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I'm a nerd or maybe not, so I keep all of our music on the computer. I have started to download movies and will replace the dvd collection with an on disk collection. Takes up much less space. I will likely need to dedicate a computer just to the audio/video/entertainment system in the near future.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

dudley,
    One hit wonders are interesting, but groups like Steely Dan, Credence Clearwater, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Bros., Led Zepellin, Foreigner, Little River Band and others have a body of work that is very impressive!
    I'm not a Country Music fan, but I've been secretly In Love with Martina McBride for quite a while!
    Funny! I don't remember her songs! Just her FACE!
    Doug P.S. Right now I'm listening to Warren Zevon sing "Werewolves of London" Pretty Funny!!! (197

I think you should go get an IPOD and plug it into your car with a connector.
    I have an IPOD and I love that litte thing.

Might work easier...

My Birthday is the 29th!!!!!!!! Just mail it up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread