+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quote Ending

Default Quote Ending

I couldn't believe that my 3rd favorite quote of all time was in Neil Travis's post this week. It was left unfinished though....so I would like to add the final line.

"The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race".

Anyone else out there recognize this saying from their college days?

Default Re: Quote Ending

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race?

Silent Cal

Timeline; Me as a student in High School= Average (maybe below) student, LOW self esteem.
    Performed my first job for 1.5 yrs in a responsible manner. Got married, started my second job and held my nose to the grind stone for twenty seven yrs. before I had to retire for medical reasons. The great stress that I have endured in my life had nothing to do with whether I was a Honor student or average student. There is no such word as QUIT. You quit when you stop breathing for the last time. I finally forgave myself for not being the smartest person on the block and started giving myself credit for trying and failing. Failing is actually not a bad thing since it teaches me things.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Timeline; Me as a student in High School= Average (maybe below) student, LOW self esteem.
    Performed my first job for 1.5 yrs in a responsible manner. Got married, started my second job and held my nose to the grind stone for twenty seven yrs. before I had to retire for medical reasons. The great stress that I have endured in my life had nothing to do with whether I was a Honor student or average student. There is no such word as QUIT. You quit when you stop breathing for the last time. I finally forgave myself for not being the smartest person on the block and started giving myself credit for trying and failing. Failing is actually not a bad thing since it teaches me things.
    Doug
    I have a helper that once asked me how I was able to know so much about so many things. I told him it was because I've made mistakes he hasn't even thought about yet.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread