+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightning Bugs

1. Default

Glowsticks may or may not be toxic, but they are nauseating. A friend of mine watched as someone had it break inside his mouth. The rest of the night was spent throwing up.

(The guy who swallowed it threw up, not my friend who witnessed it. )

Warmouth

Hi
    If you send me you snail mail I will send you some glow in the dark strips that I got in New Zealand 20 years ago. I checked it and it still glows in the dark after charging with light. I used it to land an 11 lb rainbow on that trip.

------------------
    Dean
    "A legend in my own mind"

Was in my local Gander Mountain store over the weekend and saw mini glow sticks for fishing lures. Could possibly be adapted to a fly. Didn't really pay attention to how big or small they actually were, but they do make them.

BTW, Warmouth, in case you were talking about my reply, I was referring to the glow in the dark type paint, not the glow sticks in my previous reply about non-toxicity.

If anyone were to use a mini glow stick, I would make sure that it comes out of the fish, in the event it comes loose from the fly. I really do not recommend the use of them, just pointing out that they do make minis for fishing, though I don't know how "non-toxic" glow sticks are. I would trust the paint being less toxic before a glow stick, personally.

Paul

+ Reply to Thread