+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backorders suck

Default backorders suck

im having some issues with backorder right now.
    it seems to follow me through my last three orders from different places!

what im having issues with now is, i ordered a pair of 80.00 fox racing sunglasses. I was told that they would be in, in 5 business days.
    so after 5 business days i call in and they havnt got any word for me, soooo then i wait some more. and 3 days later i go to the dirtbike shop(the place i ordered them from) to get a pair of grips. they tell me thye havnt heard anything from fox, and they will call them right now.
    so i purchase my grips and a pair of gloves i had to have.
    then they tell me that they are on backorder and will come off backorder in 5 more business days.UGH! soo i give it the 5 business days, and 3 days more. then they call and leave a message for us on the phone.....telling us that they are STILL on back order!
    and to date we have still not heard from them, since that call telling us that they are on backorder.
    This whole fiasco is going on 5-6 weeks now!

i think most would agree that when you order sunglasses its for a reason and you need them, quickly!.
    not 5-6 weeks later and still not have them.

sorry for the RANT guys/gals.
    im just starting to get a little impatient with this.

Default Re: backorders suck

Why are you still dealing with the dirt bike shop? I would be talking with Mr. Fox.

i would talk to fox, but since i ordered the glasses through the shop....im not sure if they could really help me out.

I think the problem is with Mr. fox and the shop is being tugged around as much as fly. I would have bought glasses from a different supplier, probably a different brand. Either way, the only way to get your message to retailers is to hit them in the wallet.

I had a problem with finding a costa del mar dealer around me. They said Dick's (a sporting goods store maybe not in your area but big in the northeast) was a dealer. They had 6 fames and were absolutly no help at all. I asked questions and the sales guy (actually a manager) actually said "I don't know but if you see something you like I can get it for you." Seemed to me he could have given me a bit of advise on someone I could talk to or a catalog to look over. Anyway I tried on a pair to get my size and ordered a pair directly from costa del mar. I however will not shop at that dick's store again, and their corporate office knows via e-mail, although I never received a respose from them.

Backorders are a pain, but I understand they happen. However being uninformed about them, or when they constantly get moved back then I move my bussiness elsewhere for that order. Good luck with it.

i now know that i will never order things from them anymore.
    and to go straight to the source.

i do understand backorders and have a very good patience level with them, but for me this is a little nuts.
    i wish i would have ordered the glasses from them directly now, but the thing is that the big company doesnt have them either. i guess they are such a popular pair that they are all out at the huge head FOX also.

I just gotta say both of you guys might have supported our sponsor, Smith/Action Optics,,,
    Gee, (as everybody knows) they do make the best.

Imagine that a dirt bike shop and things on back order. Everytime I ordered something for a after market harley shop for the scoot it came in as promised now I have a couple of 4 wheelers, not american made, everything ordered is on backorder and lord have mercy if you are a woman, they will definately make ya feel like ya know nothing HMMMMMMMMMM oh well can I have some butter on that rice

something fishily for shop did he make order did he pay suppleir.

Because I needed them for fishing, I wanted the glasses to fit properly so I wanted to try them on first. Thats why I wanted to go somewhere local. When they didn't help out I had already had a frame I thought would fit picked out from their site. So I tried on the frames I could get my hands on and wrote down the model, looked up that size on the website and it was the same as the frames I wanted so I ordered them. I had left my old pair by a pool on vacation and they dissapeared so I needed them quickly and didn't think about it. I promise I will look through the sponser list before I place another order.

I understand and agree. But, we both have glasses from S/A and there was just no problems at all. And, just on a personal level, we do feel they are the top company and because of that offered them a place on our sponsor page. Is this a case of us promoting a sponsor? Yes, but we did before they were one.

+ Reply to Thread