+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some Cornhusker Help!

Default Need some Cornhusker Help!

I have an opportunity to go to plum creek near ainsworth this weekend......... rumors of brown trout have persisted from a friend. I understand that it is spring fed and has consistent cold water. Is it a viable fishery at this time of year with the sweltering heat we have had and what might i expect when I go?? Thanks for any info I can get from Big Red land...................

Default Re: Need some Cornhusker Help!

Well, they definately could stop passing so much and get back to establishing a potent running game, with the corn fed offensive lineman they should be running much more, the west coast offense that Callahan can score, but as the most recent losses have shown that when they fail to establish a true running game to complement the passing game, the offense sputters. Defensively they should be pretty good again, depends on the recruits they get as with everything else. They will most likely win the North but again fall to the mighty Oklahoma Sooners in the Big 12 title game, restoring the old Big 8 order of OU, NU and the rest.

Whoops... you wanted fishing help, sorry
    With the Cardinals about done for the year, I am anxiously awaiting football season.

Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

Default Re: Need some Cornhusker Help!

Hey K3,

Back when I lived in Sioux City I fished it a couple of times...and wasn't that impressed. Hopefully you live closer because it wasn't worth the drive for me...

It's a spring fed fishery and the water stays pretty cool. You'll also run into a lof the worm-n-bobber guys while you're there - so your best bet is to wade up into the places with trees, shorten your cast to keep from getting hung up and keep throwing small flies.

Good luck - let me know how it goes...

Jim
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

+ Reply to Thread