+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castle River

Default Castle River

Spent 10 hours yesterday wade-fishing a remote section of the river ... each of us got some (two or three) nice rainbows and cut-throats on Green Drakes or their variations.

Took my first wet-rock tumble of the season and my little finger is still stiff and throbbing worse than last night ... but the rod and reel are just fine!!

Ron

Default Re: Castle River

Keep the hand with the injured little finger carefully wrapped around a can...for example, a soda can...even a beer can will do in a pinch. In this way, your broken pinky will heel naturally and it won't stick out when you hold your coffee cup. Hey, glad you got some trout !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Mr. Moose,

You, sir, are prescient.

As I was reading your post my right hand was (naturally) on The Mouse and my left (damaged) paw was reaching for a cold can of Black Label.

Only minutes earlier I was debating as I stared into the fridge ... should I start with Olympia (5% here in Canada!!) or Black Label.

(I'm retired, and can take a lot of time to make decisions.)

Decided to save the imported stuff for when company's coming!!

Ron

Oh I like 'prescient' ! Well it wasn't too difficult to predict the proper prescription for a broken little finger and what a coincidence that you should be reaching for a Black Label. (Had some in BC)

I'm out of retirement but currently unemployed, almost the same thing....and I hear you on making decisions...it is nice to be able to spend a lot of time on that even if it's beer brands !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie_D
    Spent 10 hours yesterday wade-fishing a remote section of the river ... each of us got some (two or three) nice rainbows and cut-throats on Green Drakes or their variations.

Took my first wet-rock tumble of the season and my little finger is still stiff and throbbing worse than last night ... but the rod and reel are just fine!!

Ron
    Ron

I have just moved to Lethbridge and would like to fish the Castle. I you see this check your "PM"

I was also wondering if there is a fly fishing/fly tying club or group in the area..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

+ Reply to Thread