+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pop on the Top Swap is MAILED!

Default Re: Pop on the Top Swap is FULL!

Mine are coming along, hope to have them mailed by midweek. Dan

ok green poppers are done and will be in the mail on monday... thanks for letting me join,
    cant wait to see what comes back!!!
    gary

Biot Midge and IRBR, your flies are in. We're coming to a close on this one. We're almost all in. JGW

Poppers are on their way, finally. Dan

The Hardys (or Carls Jr.) 5 pound Bass Burger Poppers are on there way.

In other words, they are BIG and meant for spot fishing LARGE BASS>not many panfish will hit these accidentally!

The finish on them isnt so great~I did a two sided (white belly/green top) body, with about 4 coats each, but the spray finish crackled with each additional coat (I did 3 each) even after sanding. Not sure what I did wrong there???

Otherwise the demo one I tried floated well and sure did make alot of commotion...hope they are effective for you all. Sorry they took so long~!

Chuck

Cloy, your monster poppers have landed safely. Beautiful detail work. We're ten in and two to go! JGW

Wow, the heavy bombers came in today. Wow. Wait till you folks see Cheli and Gober's! Unfortunately, I'm running out the door for a weekend meeting in Boston and won't get at the separation until I return Sunday afternoon. They'll be in the mail Monday morning! JGW

Default Re: Pop on the Top Swap is MAILED!

Wow! We'll need to thank my exchange student, Jesse, for saving my life. I gathered my box of swap envelopes, which includes poppers and such from a couple of months ago, and all I could count was 11, including my pile. I was frantically searching, turning the house upside down. LIterally. I know how frustrating it is to lose a box of someone's flies for it happened to me on the recent worm swap. I was determined not to go back to someone and plead for a new set of flies. So I was on a chair searching through the chips and such on top of the fridge, the last possible place they could be, when Jesse walked by and asked what I was doing. I explained, so she turned and counted the boxes. 12. Say what? "I counted them twice, John, and there are 12." I climbed down off the chair and counted. 12. Amazing. So, Featherfastener, breathe a sigh of relief, for yours was the one I couldn't find to mark off the list. Anyway, they're all separated, boxed and ready for the PO this morning. I want to thank everyone for playing. It was a fun swap, as always, especially thinking of how we differ in our thoughts of how to attack the deadly largemouth bass!!!!! JGW

A final note: you swappers are simply incredible. I was expecting to have to foot another $5 or so in additional postage since this swap started long before the USPS postal increase. Well, I did have to pay in . . . all of 16-cents! Wow. What incredible forward thinking. Let me know when you get 'em! JGW

"AAAAAHHHHH"

Truly a "Rolaids" momment John, Thanks for the extra effort!
    Looking forward to receiving the flies.

Featherfastener

+ Reply to Thread