+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find faol

Default Re: How did you find faol

I was looking for info about bamboo.The collection of papers and articles kept me off the streets for a long time. Gerry L

I was doing a Google search for Fly Tying.

google search for fly casting.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

I was chat with someone in a AOL chat room.. and we were about flyfishing.... He ask me if I was a member....

At that time I wasnt... but it didnt take me long

Leonard

I was searching for a fly pattern on the net and FAOL came up. I was so impressed with all of the info supplied and all of the other features Here. I have been here every since. I advertise this site to anyone that shows an interest. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

I was on another FF site and they were making fun of the the number of inane questions asked on this site. So I checked it out.

Wanted to get into fly tying and did a search on Yahoo. Al Campbell fly tying series came up as one of the choices. Best choice I ever made. I really liked the fact that you could email Al and get help or post on the bb and get help there as well. I sure miss not being able to email Al, but I am glad for the bb which has the greatest bunch of folks found anywhere.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I found it while searching for a fly pattern and I'm glad I did! I have gained a wealth of information on fly fishing and tying that would be hard to find on any one website.

Bill

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

I was looking for fly fishing sites with one search engine or another and just stumbled into FAOL. I read ten or twelve of the threads and decided this was the place to be. I later discovered all the fly tying information and how really great the people are here. Been around ever since. 8T

Well, well, well, now lemme see. How did I find FAOL? Well it was like this. There was this site on the internet a few years ago, FBN, flyfishing broadcast network where JC and LF were moderators ( two of many). It was a great site with much the same character ,theme and purpose. For whatever reason, it folded but I still stayed in touch with some of it's followers. Two of those followers , slicfoot(of Cincy fame) and RK/Osprey (Ron Koenig-rip) told me about JC and LFs new venue. The rest is history. I, like most here, have benefited by my membership here at FAOL. My wife and I have attended several formal and informal fish-ins. We have shared many stories,lies and cocktails with some wonderful people. Even saw a "vivid" demo by Denny showing how/from whence feathers come.Till then, I thought they came from store shelves. My wife will NEVER forgive him ( but she's mellowing a bit). This IS a GREAT site. Sometimes a bit "corney" and repetitive ( knot questions)but that too is what draws me to it. I feel absolutely NO need to venture elsewhere.
    BTW, are there any other former FBN participants here at FAOL??

Mark

+ Reply to Thread