+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beat this for service!

Default Beat this for service!

A while ago I telephoned a fihing store I have shopped at before, and got them to send me out some tippet material and some braided loop connections. Not only were they in the mail that day, but they refused to take any money for the goods. Yeah, not a big sale to be sure, but a little service like that goes a long way. They will get it back from me many times over I'll bet!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Gringo
    Then when you are pleased with service, especially customer service, let them know.......... and talk it up with your mates !
    Most people only hear of bad news and dissatisfaction. I think it has been said that bad news travels faster and nine times farther than good news !
    Support that flyshop ! They cant stay in bussiness if they are giving away the store - even if it is a little bit of change, the cost of time in preparing the order , and the cost of postage. That is how the small independent shop will overcome and survive the behomoth WalMartz - by developing their own niche(!) of service , quality, value , and knowledge.
    You determine their survivablility - you vote with your dollar!

Dadflyer

Gringo? I know you may feel we would not want you to post the name and city of that shop, especially since you are "down-under" but we do have a larger readership from down under, and a good shop deserves to have its name listed. Give them a plug - please post their name.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Thanks Ladyfisher.

Aussie Angler (Mgr Rick Dobson)
    30 Sherbourne Rd
    Greensborough
    Victoria 3088

61-3-94321501

aussie.angler@bigpond.com.au

Gringo,
    I can't beat it, but I have a tie. A.G.Russell Knife Company agrussell.com
    sells a featherlite knife. It is a single blade knife that I always carry. It opens and closes with one hand, fits in a suit pocket or work pants. I broke a small piece on it and emailed looking for a replacement part number so I could repair it. The response, send me your address and we'll mail you the part, no charge. I opened the package and they sent TWO parts so if it happened again I would have a spare.

Got to love that good old service. Of you are looking for a good pocket knife, this is one to consider. Slim, sharp and sturdy. Made with very good steel.

jed

I'll have a look at them Jed. Isn't it exciting when you get service like that though? So often we are complaining about how impersonal service is "these days," and how we are jsut a number in the line. We are quick too to complain and tell each other how bad a store was when they didn't perform to our expected standard. Then all of a sudden we get someone who treats us so well, you just want to shout it from the roof top!

+ Reply to Thread