+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad News

1. Default Re: Sad News

I want to thank you all for your Condolences. It means a lot to the whole family to hear from you folks. I miss my Dad very much, and patty will be missed as well. But I really feel that Patty has suffered as much from the broken Heart as the Cancer. Now she will be free of both and they can regain peace in each other's company.

Thanks Again,
    Jennifer S (Campbell) Eli

Default Re: Sad News

Jennifer,
    I met your father at one of the Idaho Fish In's. I was fortunate enough to learn how to tie an Elk Hair Caddis on his vice, and I've never forgotten that. He was an honorable man and he impressed me very much. The worst picture I ever had taken of me was one with your dad. I'll cherish it always. God Bless you and yours. You are in my prayers.
    Joe Sanders

We were both quite tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AC'sKid
    I want to thank you all for your Condolences. It means a lot to the whole family to hear from you folks. I miss my Dad very much, and patty will be missed as well. But I really feel that Patty has suffered as much from the broken Heart as the Cancer. Now she will be free of both and they can regain peace in each other's company.

Thanks Again,
    Jennifer S (Campbell) Eli
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I am very sorry to hear about losing your Mother and Father.
    I would say Al is immortal around FAOL. There is a great sense of loss for us. Your parents were special and we were honored by Al's presence. Following Al's example of helping is what I learned from him.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

4. Default Re: Sad News

LoTech,

Thank you for sharing the photo. Those sorts of pictures convey my dad as I knew him: Happy, sunburnt, and slightly wind worn. I know how much this community meant to him. And you folks have shared your love support and prayers through the years. I lurk here from time to time when I miss him the worst. I see him reflected in all of you here and it brings me some peace. The whole campbell Family appreciates knowing how much he was loved. Thank you for sharing your memories of him and of Patty as well.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer S Eli

It's been said that the greater side of justice resides in mercy, and now Patty's struggles are justly over. My condolences to friends, family, and our whole community.

Marty

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

Jennifer,

I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Losing two wonderful people in such a short span of time is just unthinkable.

Your father was an extremely generous man and I always stopped into the Scheel's store in Rapid whenever I went to the hills to fly fish in the hopes that he might be working and I could bend his ear for a bit. He always knew what patterns were going to do well at that particular time of the season and never hesitated to tell you a secret spot or two. He didn't care about saving it for himself...he wanted to make sure that I had a good fishing experience in those beloved Black Hills.

I'm glad to hear that you poke into this forum from time to time. His name still comes up in conversation and will for a very, very long time. He was admired and respected by the members within the four walls of this forum. And there are many of us who go back and read his column not only because of the insight into fly fishing that they provide, but also just because we miss him, his wit and his way of spinning a yarn.

I also pop in on the memorial page put together by LadyFisher...it always brings a smile.

PLEASE take care of yourself and know that here, as well as in many other places, your father will always live on.
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

nighthawk Guest

I am stunned! My heart is breaking for the Campbell family. My thoughts and prayers are with them too.

AMEN!to Betty's post.
    It is a sad day indeed for the FAOL Community. My prayers are with the Family.
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

+ Reply to Thread