+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading South Again...

Default Heading South Again...

Hi Y'all,

With all the fun we've had at the last 2 FL Fish-Ins we just can't stay away! And coupled with the offer of a free tarpon trip, well...those just don't come along very often...

So, the first week of June, we're headed back to the Gulf Coast for more fishing.

We'll be hoping the tarpon in the pass and the snook are on the beach. Keep us posted!

If all goes well, maybe we can have a permanenet residence...in about 5 more
    years

Di

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Default Re: Heading South Again...

Driving or flying?
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

I see you mentioned you needed someone to carry all your luggage...I'm in! lol. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to get down there again to do some more fishing.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Thunderthumbs.

Sorry we missed you two at this years fish-in. The passing of a friend kept us away after the first day. We made the move south last July, if you want to fish the Honeymoon Island area,look us up when you come down.

Les Maynard

So should we have a another mini Fish-In while you're here so Gil can catch some snook on the beach instead of just getting blisters before the red tide shows up off the coast, Les & Judy can meet up with y'all to catch up & jump some tarpon so the salmon aren't the biggest fish he's ever caught, Thunderthumbs can get his brother down here to rip some poon lips & have a couple of silver king sleigh rides in the kayaks while being chauffered around instead of being the driver, Mark would still like to catch a snook so he can wear his embroidered snook baseball cap proudly & for whomever missed the events this year or don't think the fishing is very good around here ?

We're driving down! We hope to stay close to Manasota Key and that area. If anyone wants to join us, we'd love to see you.

Drop us a line...

Will you be around the weekend of June 2nd and 3rd? I leave for the Keys the 6th and the 5th will be pretty hectic getting the travel trailer ready and loading up the kayaks and all the pertinent accessories.

Or, maybe I could get down Manasota Key for the morning of the 4th and still get to work on time ... or maybe just a little late.

Hmmm...Les, nice offer! I'll have to look on the map and find Honeymoon Island

Gil, I think we'll be down by late Sunday. However; we may fish through Wednesday around the Venice area and then head East. Might be able to catch up with you in the Keys and say, "Hi"

The Keys are about a 6 1/2 hour drive from where I am but you could knock at least 1 1/2 hours off of that drive time from where you'll be. It's just under 100 miles from my house to Manasota Key ... 96 to be exact.

I'll guarantee you one thing, if there isn't the threat of or an actual hurricane hangin' around, you won't regret being there in the Keys.

Snook weren't on the beaches this past week, but there were spanish mackeral & cobia along with a few tarpon. Tarpon have also been caught in Boca Grande Pass tournys the past 2 weekends.

+ Reply to Thread