+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lakes/Stillwaters?

Default Lakes/Stillwaters?

Even though I am a kayak fisher in Florida, I really have enjoyed the articles in this section of FAOL. I don't know why there hasn't been a new article posted in that feature in a while, but I would like to read more.

Blog Entries

bassyakker . There used to be a forum on Here that was all about stillwaters called Frogwater. It was deleted and We were advised to combine our stillwater questions in the Warmwater forum.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Thanks for the reply, Gnu Bee. I would have to conclude that there is little interest in lakes/stillwaters.

Default Say itaint so.

There sure seems to be a good bit about still waters and lakes in the "Paddling" section here. I was asking for some advise about different floating things and got a lot of very good advise from a lot of knowledgeable folkes. Most of them were about lakes and ponds and such.
    Keep looking.

We are talking two things here....

There is the discussion of stillwater things in the forums...alias Frog Water

And what the original question was about...that is ...in the "Features"...there is the Lakes/Stillwater feature that hasn't been written in for awhile...

Blog Entries

duckster , you are absolutely correct. I got the wrong idea.

I Didn't read the original post correctly.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Don't be ...IMO I think the transition to the forums is OK and probably gives info to BassYakker he desired...just wanted folks to realize....

I'm one that would still like to see more directly related stillwater stuff

Default Re: Lakes/Stillwaters?

I'll second that ducksterman.
    Pity about the Stillwater forum. I don't think the name 'Frogwater' helped much.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

I am another person who was sad to see the stillwater forum go. I think it was just the timing that reduced it's usage. Not a lot of stillwater fishing going on at that time of year. it would have been nice to see less drama over the board name and more time for the board to get going.

The warmwater forum does nothing for me since I don't fish warm water lakes here. Nor do I fish for bass.

The stillwater feature has lots of great info though so I guess it will have to do.

I haven't checked the paddling forum yet, it just never occurred to me. Guess where I'm headed next

ETA: well the paddling forum doesn't seem to have any info about fishing stillwaters in particular which is what I figured before even checking it out. oh well

"The warmwater forum does nothing for me since I don't fish warm water lakes here. Nor do I fish for bass."

SheTies....I felt that way too and didn't go there often...then I started using the "View new posts since your last visit" feature and found it very efficient...and it would bring up threads from all forums...I started finding good info in other forums without having to wade through a lot...and easy to filter out ones not applicable....

+ Reply to Thread