+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontoon hoist for garage

Default Pontoon hoist for garage

Has anyone used the pulley style of hoist to suspend their pontoon boat in the garage? I've looked at several bicycle hoists and the maximum lb. rating is 50. Bean sells a style rated to 80 lbs. Did the ladder trick last night with my son helping but it's a little difficult with just myself.
    Any suggestions on a manufactured model or a homemade one? Thank you much.
    Terry

Default Re: Pontoon hoist for garage

You could try this. http://www.truckstuffusa.com/hoistatop.html I don't know that I would pay $150-$300 for something that could be made for $50, but it is a good idea

Shane

If I had use of my garage I'd build something outta this and a two-by...

http://www.roperatchet.com

Eye bolt through the center of the two-by,Hangem high hoist attached to it, and two hooks bolted at the ends of the two-by to attach to the carry handles of my yak...pretty inexpensive and I think it'd do the job..??
    or prolly better yet,To place two holes through the two-by at the ends and take a lenth of rope,Say three foot longer than whatever length your requirred two-by length,fold in half, Tye a loop at mid point,then slip the ends through and fasten these to your hooks...hummm....well I'll have to clear out my garage this spring...

Thanks to Duckster bringing it to my attention on the paddleing section,(Inadvertantly) Just might be checking for it soon at Lowes myself! and a pair of rope ratchet tie-downs to raplace the pain in the butt web straps I have now..!
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I did. It's pretty easy. Works nice too. I just used I bolts in the studs. 2 in the front 1 in back. I run a rope through each one and in the back I used a carribeaner and the front I just made a loop in the rope and put the foot rests in them. Pull up the back first then the front, then secure to the tie downs ( like on a dock ). I can get a pic later if you are interested. I have to do it for my step dad too now.

Google "Canoe Hoist" they list some for 60-90 and 140# even a electric power model BILL

+ Reply to Thread